Curious what is preferred single shot or a repeater?

I prefer a repeater. I do load single feed on occasion, but I like having three in the box and one in the boom tube when I'm hunting.

While I don't believe a repeater is a necessity, I prefer one for LRH. On a hit animal, even though down with a good hit, I like to reload and retain sight alignment as quickly as possible for about a minute. I have had a couple of occasions over the years where a mortally hit animal got back on his feet. It's hard enough finding the animal 1000 yards away, let alone a blood trail. Additionally, a few years ago I filled a tag on a nearby antelope doe after the buck was down. I was able to acquire the sight picture on her in seconds.

This is a little like money in the bank. You don't have to use it, but is nice to have it.
You can single load on a bdl style mag well or use it as a repeater. I like having the option. Sometimes the bullet hits a twig or there's a bad wind call. Sort of nice to rack another and finish the job.
Im a fan of tc encores and smokeless muzzle loaders, so no hate towards break/single shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts