Cryogenic treatments of rifle barrels

Never had one done,but I remember when the process was first introduced. I can't personally testify that it helps,but we all know that any type of stress relief performed has the potential to increase accuracy and reduce the effects of barrel heat changing POI .

Omega Arms in Gillette sent the parts out with a batch that he had getting nitride treated. The action is very smooth being that hard, and the stainless barrel came back black. My understanding is that I can get about twice the life of an untreated barrel. Since it's a.308, I might not live long enough to shoot this barrel out. Time will tell.

I am getting ready to send off 3 barrels.
25-06AI, 6-6.5PRC, and 7-300 PRC
I will send off for Cryo first, then fluting, then nitriding.
Although on one I might nitride then flute so it has a extra kewl factor with the shiny spiral flutes.

No experience, I just like to test and play around. Hopefully it doesnt degrade the accuracy I currently have in them.

Fluting will introduce stress in the barrel . Anytime you cut into material you introduce stress in the material. Probably not enough to notice but it will be counter productive to the cryo treatment wich is supposed to relief stress. Nitride will look cool 😎.

I am getting ready to send off 3 barrels.
25-06AI, 6-6.5PRC, and 7-300 PRC
I will send off for Cryo first, then fluting, then nitriding.
Although on one I might nitride then flute so it has a extra kewl factor with the shiny spiral flutes.

No experience, I just like to test and play around. Hopefully it doesnt degrade the accuracy I currently have in them.
The other factor to take into consideration is the iron content of the stainless steel. There are a number of types of stainless that have enough iron in them that they will still show rust if exposed to moisture or salt(near the coast). This can be eliminated through passivation but that is another step. Passivation explained here... https://www.theruststore.com/blogs/...i41WEcfzXAuSc0KMWdM72Njhv2LAId_EaAqQkEALw_wcB