Crispi Colorado boots…(defects and failures)

As mentioned, you can get a defected product and that can be frustrating, but it is how the customer is treated when a return or claim is needed.

Case in point. My first purchase from Black Ovis were for a pair of Crispi Colorado. I ordered them a size larger and upon trying them on I immediately regretted it. Returned them for a size smaller. During that process some issues came up with miscommunication between me and the salesperson that resulted in a one week delay of shipping. Long story short, I received the boots with NO charge. Called the owner told him I couldn't do that because it was an honest mistake, but he said he valued me as a customer more than the money. That is customer service.

Since then I have purchased two more different styles of Crispi boots. All have been hiked and hunted hard with absolutely no issues.

As mentioned, you can get a defected product and that can be frustrating, but it is how the customer is treated when a return or claim is needed.

Case in point. My first purchase from Black Ovis were for a pair of Crispi Colorado. I ordered them a size larger and upon trying them on I immediately regretted it. Returned them for a size smaller. During that process some issues came up with miscommunication between me and the salesperson that resulted in a one week delay of shipping. Long story short, I received the boots with NO charge. Called the owner told him I couldn't do that because it was an honest mistake, but he said he valued me as a customer more than the money. That is customer service.

Since then I have purchased two more different styles of Crispi boots. All have been hiked and hunted hard with absolutely no issues.

Black Ovis is legit!

I have a pair of the Attiva shoes and they completely wore out way too fast for a $250 shoe. The toe became delaminated and the sole has completely wore through already. I was in Vegas and stopped by GoHunt and bought a pair of Scarpa's this time. Time will tell, but so far SA good. It's a shame as the Crispi's were comfy, but I expect more, especially at that price point. I like my Kenetrek boots, but may sell those and get the Zamberland's as I need something a bit wider. Quality was no issue with Kenetreks though.

You strike me as the guy who's on his third marriage, with a woman you met at the same bar where your first two divorces came from 😆
It's hard to tell since you can't properly quote a message but I'm guessing that was directed at me...?
That's oddly specific based on a couple lines of text and fairly ironic considering I've been with my wife since we were 16.
If the boots hurt your feelings so bad that you need to go on the internet and whine about it and project your insecurities onto others maybe you need to re-evaluate.

How is it that that everyone else on here has been completely respectful, but you can't seem to manage that? I had a faulty pair of boots, and I decided to share it with the community here. If you have some deep, highly sensual relationship with Crispi boots, more power to you. My photos speak for themselves.

How is it that that everyone else on here has been completely respectful, but you can't seem to manage that? I had a faulty pair of boots, and I decided to share it with the community here. If you have some deep, highly sensual relationship with Crispi boots, more power to you. My photos speak for themselves.
I tried to explain to you that crap happens and the way it's handled is typically more valuable than the issue itself. Stuff like this happens all the time in every industry. You are the one who fired off. I have no care for Crispi one way or the other. It's of my opinion you were happy enough with the boots to buy them in the first place and excited to try them but you got a faulty one I would just try another set.

I have a pair of the Attiva shoes and they completely wore out way too fast for a $250 shoe. The toe became delaminated and the sole has completely wore through already. I was in Vegas and stopped by GoHunt and bought a pair of Scarpa's this time. Time will tell, but so far SA good. It's a shame as the Crispi's were comfy, but I expect more, especially at that price point. I like my Kenetrek boots, but may sell those and get the Zamberland's as I need something a bit wider. Quality was no issue with Kenetreks though.
I bought a pair of Scarpa Terra GTX hiking boots about a year ago. First experience with that brand but very happy. I look for boots with minimal seams, none up front or on the sides preferably. That's usually been the failure point of my boots in my experience, usually years of use but otherwise still good boots. They took a bit to break in but it's quality leather. And I did put Meindl cork insoles in them because they're my favorite.

I tried to explain to you that crap happens and the way it's handled is typically more valuable than the issue itself. Stuff like this happens all the time in every industry. You are the one who fired off. I have no care for Crispi one way or the other. It's of my opinion you were happy enough with the boots to buy them in the first place and excited to try them but you got a faulty one I would just try another set.
Why take the chance of getting another inferior pair and the time it takes to exchange them. Yes, he was happy to purchase. But to get snake bit twice isn't something anyone wouldn't consider. I give every item one chance of it doesn't work for me, I look elsewhere.

Why take the chance of getting another inferior pair and the time it takes to exchange them. Yes, he was happy to purchase. But to get snake bit twice isn't something anyone wouldn't consider. I give every item one chance of it doesn't work for me, I look elsewhere.
Every company has some manufacturing issues, all of them. Any item can fail at any time due to a defect. Most of this stuff has some form of warranty for that reason. The way a company handles these issues is worth more to me than dwelling on the issue. If it's hassle free and straight forward perfect, if there's a million hoops to jump through and blah blah that ****es me off.

I'm glad someone else understands here. I have been super excited about finally pulling the trigger on some crispi's. I really wanted these to be my new boot. But when you get this kind of failure in the product right out of the gate, before you've even put them to any real world test, it completely derail's any confidence I initially had. There's a few things in the back country I 100% depend on, and solid boots is at the top of that list. I will immediately move on after this. There's no way I'm going to risk this again….

I bought a pair of Scarpa Terra GTX hiking boots about a year ago. First experience with that brand but very happy. I look for boots with minimal seams, none up front or on the sides preferably. That's usually been the failure point of my boots in my experience, usually years of use but otherwise still good boots. They took a bit to break in but it's quality leather. And I did put Meindl cork insoles in them because they're my favorite.
Scarpa's are at the top of my list for sure. Thanks for the input!

Every company has some manufacturing issues, all of them. Any item can fail at any time due to a defect. Most of this stuff has some form of warranty for that reason. The way a company handles these issues is worth more to me than dwelling on the issue. If it's hassle free and straight forward perfect, if there's a million hoops to jump through and blah blah that ****es me off.
Ok, yeah, how they handle it is crucial, and I'm a business owner, so I get this part of it entirely. Sportsman's, who is one of Crispi's vendors, wouldn't even replace the boot. They said all they can do is refund me. That's ******** customer service. For $400!? gtfoh! A huge waste of time…

Last edited:
Ok, yeah, how they handle it is crucial, and I'm a business owner, so I get this part of it entirely. Sportsman's, who is one of Crispi's vendors, wouldn't even replace the boot. They said all they can do is refund me. That's ******** customer service. For $400!? gtfoh! A huge waste of time…
I would have a 200% complete replace/repair policy on any of my boots at $400 a pair.