Crispi Colorado boots…(defects and failures)

B72EC953-5793-4CDF-957D-5C8B2452625B.jpeg

As with any product there is going to be some issues in production.
Are you telling me you never give a product another try after a failure? I'm more judgmental of the company based on how they handle the warranty than I am worried about the failure. If this is your first encounter to a scenario like this you either have a horse shoe shoved up you know where or don't consume very much.

Just try another pair.

Ive had 3 pair and put them thru it.Then I run them at work til I wipe them out.I did same thing on some Danners, on first lace up

As with any product there is going to be some issues in production.
Are you telling me you never give a product another try after a failure? I'm more judgmental of the company based on how they handle the warranty than I am worried about the failure. If this is your first encounter to a scenario like this you either have a horse shoe shoved up you know where or don't consume very much.

Just try another pair.

Ive had 3 pair and put them thru it.Then I run them at work til I wipe them out.I did same thing on some Danners, on first lace up
I've actually had $300 danners split at the insole before the one year mark, so that doesn't surprise about danners either. Like I said, I've had better luck with $180 sketchers with plastic sewn in eyelets (pictures above of those boots going on 3 years) 🤷🏻

If you have any experience with manufacturing or employees, you will know that unfortunately some products or services will not be up to your expectations. Failures need to be defined before they can be corrected.

Any new product which doesn't perform is disappointing BUT if the company corrects the problem and apologizes that's the best you can hope for.

Danner's American made products and Crispi have been excellent for me. Danner's standard products although still not cheap are disappointing.

Darn!!
Not on any of my Crispis but did have exact thing happen on some Kennetrek pac boots. Cost me $20 to ship back for free repair. Excellent service but still a pita.
Excellent service would have been for Kennetrek to pay the shipping.
I see no reason why the consumer should be out $20 because the manufacturer put out a faulty product.

Just my opinion.

I dont doubt that Crispi will warranty them without question. I've tried a few Crispi models in my quest for boots. The Colorado & Nevada were my personal favorites.

Crispi's are a high volume boot company mind you. They're comfy, work well enough, and break in easily for most. Ironically the cost about the same as say a Lowa or other high end "Italian Made" boot companies but without question the craftsmanship is not even in the same category as my Lowa's and Lathrop & Sons boots.

I dont doubt that Crispi will warranty them without question. I've tried a few Crispi models in my quest for boots. The Colorado & Nevada were my personal favorites.

Crispi's are a high volume boot company mind you. They're comfy, work well enough, and break in easily for most. Ironically the cost about the same as say a Lowa or other high end "Italian Made" boot companies but without question the craftsmanship is not even in the same category as my Lowa's and Lathrop & Sons boots.
I believe Crispi is an Italian made boot if memory serves me correctly.

Personally, I think every company that makes enough product will occasionally have defects. Its how they handle it that counts. A few years back I bought a pair of Danner, wore for a week and was not happy. Totally my fault, bought them 1/2 size too small. Put them on the shelf for 3 months then on a whim I contacted Danner. They offered me full refund or exchange, my choice. Again, it was MY fault, not theirs. They are my preferred boot makers now. If Crispi, handles it right, then they are fine! Just my opinion.

Last edited: