Coyote from my bedroom @ 1054 yards.

Broz

LMAO, I was looking from the house , it is raining and I see 3 wet dogs moving across the wheatfield below my house. I grabbed the rifle, bags and equipment and went prone out of the bedroom slider. Ranged one at 1054 three consecutive times with the plrf10. I dialed 25 moa elevation and .5 for SD. and got on em. They were moving so I let out the big Hey!!!!! they stoped and I let a 300 Berger fly. I was back on them and seen a puff of wet mist off the dogs rump. :D He spun around 3 times biting at his rear and hobbled into a small ditch and I never seen him come out. I could not make a good wind call from the way I was protected from my house. But I see now I needed 1 moa right instead of .5 moa left for SD. Sorry, no pics today. To muddy to drive in and I aint gettin soaked for a dog with a bad pelt.

Anyway I am still laughing and my wife looks worried. :rolleyes:

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it Jeff...

Got a passel in the ditchbank out back that abuts the cornfield at around 350. I'm looking at the .338 off the back deck in a lawn chair with a beverage.....:D Bit closer in and I'd use my .223 match rifle....

It's very muddy here too. Everything is squish-squish....

LMAO,

Anyway I am still laughing and my wife looks worried. :rolleyes:

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope she wasn't sleeping when you torched one off? That's a good way to spend a night on the couch. :)

Another nice shot, Jeff! I test ranged a coyote out to 894 with the new PLRF05 a couple of days ago before it got into the brush on the far side of a pivot. That's as far as I could test so far. Lookin' for the 1000 yard dog somewhere down the road, too. Congrats on another great shot.

Thanks guys, This was in the afternoon and the wife was at the other side of the house. Plus I gave her fair warning :D I watch this field quite often as they cross it from time to time. I usually go out for the shot , but it was to muddy yesterday.

Jeff

And I had thought it was pretty neat that I shot 20 rabbits at 70 feet out of my window one year using my airgun. :)

And I had thought it was pretty neat that I shot 20 rabbits at 70 feet out of my window one year using my airgun. :)

Now that will get you in deep trouble round here. My wife feeds the bunnies. There is one having breakfast 10' from me right now. I like the rabbits too, they attract some preditors. Yesterday this guy was within 100 yards of the house for about an hour and as colse as 20 yards when I took this pic. He was hunting hard. This was the second time he has been here in a month, in broad daylite. This old cat has seen some hard times. Looks as if one ear has froze off and could be blind in one eye too. Or that could be just the way this pic came out.

Jeff

IMG_1047Small.jpg

I don't know what impresses me more in this story? The fact that once again your making 1000+ yard kills on coyotes, the fact that you can see coyotes running through fields 1000+ yards out your door, or the fact that your wife did not have you arrested for shooting a high power rifle in the house!!!
If I tried this I can't see 100 yards, and within a minute of braking the shot I'd have the Gilbert PD setting a parameter outside my house with a helicopter flying above, and inside the house my wife would be giving me one hell of a beating! HA, HA!!!! What a scene that would be!

Now that will get you in deep trouble round here. My wife feeds the bunnies. There is one having breakfast 10' from me right now. I like the rabbits too, they attract some preditors. Yesterday this guy was within 100 yards of the house for about an hour and as colse as 20 yards when I took this pic. He was hunting hard. This was the second time he has been here in a month, in broad daylite. This old cat has seen some hard times. Looks as if one ear has froze off and could be blind in one eye too. Or that could be just the way this pic came out.

Jeff

IMG_1047Small.jpg

You should smoke that cat while you are at it!

Broz, you are my HERO!!!

Ok, now be honest, were you still in your PJ's?? :)

I have this vision of an adult man in his favorite stripped PJ's frantically running thru the house to gather his weapon and long distance shooting equipment. Crossing pathes with his wife as she looks on as if they are being invaded by aliens. He yells out "no time to explain honey I gotta get set up on a 1000yd shot from the bedroom slider" as his wife replies "you're gonna do what from our bedroom slider"???? LOL

I think what everyone is saying is that we are all a little envious of you having the opertunity to shoot off the back door like this. I know I am.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.