Couple of spring Eastern long beards TN

Rem6br

2B85E775-66D4-41D8-94A3-883E1368CA26.jpeg
3CDD8026-805B-48F3-BDA5-FADE5CAC5ADF.jpeg
got one Thursday and one today. First one weighed 25 lbs. 1-3/16" spurs and four beards
for a total of 32-3/8". Second one 18 lbs. 3/4" spurs and 10" beard. Winchester Super X 2
and 3" no. 5 longboard XR and a woodhaven copperhead diaphragm. First came in running
so fast the leaves were flying up lol. 10am. Second one came in strutting at 3pm.

I wish we could hunt at 3 p.m. Missouri won't allow turkey hunting after 1 p.m. since it has caused the extinction of wild turkey in 27 states (sarcasm)
It keeps most working people from hunting them except for 3 weekends. Stuuupid law!

View attachment 129385 View attachment 129386 got one Thursday and one today. First one weighed 25 lbs. 1-3/16" spurs and four beards
for a total of 32-3/8". Second one 18 lbs. 3/4" spurs and 10" beard. Winchester Super X 2
and 3" no. 5 longboard XR and a woodhaven copperhead diaphragm. First came in running
so fast the leaves were flying up lol. 10am. Second one came in strutting at 3pm.
Congratulations!
Last year my little brother got this one in SW Tennessee
2031.jpeg
2029.jpeg
it WOULD have been some sort of record or something but he pulled the beards out... now he knows better!

Rem6br, what part of TN are you in?
I am about 40 miles west of Nashville
I've killed 2 myself and called in 2 for my buddy to kill. I have had a great year as I have had more "almost" moments that really get your blood pumping that I have in a long time.

Rem6br, what part of TN are you in?
I am about 40 miles west of Nashville
I've killed 2 myself and called in 2 for my buddy to kill. I have had a great year as I have had more "almost" moments that really get your blood pumping that I have in a long time.

I'm in Rogersville its about 45 minutes south west of Johnson City (East corner of the state)
Congrats on your birds! I tagged out 2 weeks ago :)

I'm in Rogersville its about 45 minutes south west of Johnson City (East corner of the state)
Congrats on your birds! I tagged out 2 weeks ago :)

I did not get to hunt last weekend and it is winding down fast here. May try it in the morning if it is not pouring down rain but it is not looking good.
Congrats on tagging out.

You guys should cube the breast (marinade if you have time) and wrap the cubes with bacon and a slice of jalapeno then grill it!!

I usually cube the breast and fry them, aka turkey nuggets
but that does sound good
We've tried fried next to grilled... all the grilled disappeard a lot faster than fried believe it or not.

We marinate them in Worcestershire and Italian dressing for an hour...my birds are devoured within 2 hours of harvesting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.