Compare tract toric to Steiner preditor 4

tribb

I've been. Considering a new scope purchase or possibly 2. I've selected these 2 above to choose from. Would like to know if someone has experience with both and could contrast and compare the 2 for me. Thank you Tribb

I've been. Considering a new scope purchase or possibly 2. I've selected these 2 above to choose from. Would like to know if someone has experience with both and could contrast and compare the 2 for me. Thank you Tribb
I have both scopes. Just received the Predator. But my Toric is also a lower magnification. And is not illuminated. I'm not sure exactly what you want compared ? The glass clarity ? The dusk & dawn light gathering ? etc. I have not had enough time to do any real comparison. Hopefully someone else can chime in to your question with more experience than I. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy either if they have the features I am looking for. Both will make excellent scopes for hunting. Or just playing around. Ask @lancetkenyon he will give you the low down as best as he can. I am liking the Steiner for the clarity, type of reticle for hunting and it's illuminated. Where as my Toric isn't. But it also has some nice glass. I am also waiting on scope rings right now. I have a Trijicon also. So this is another option you could look at. I believe it will come down to what features you like more than the quality of glass. Because in my untrained eye they all look great.

I have both scopes. Just received the Predator. But my Toric is also a lower magnification. And is not illuminated. I'm not sure exactly what you want compared ? The glass clarity ? The dusk & dawn light gathering ? etc. I have not had enough time to do any real comparison. Hopefully someone else can chime in to your question with more experience than I. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy either if they have the features I am looking for. Both will make excellent scopes for hunting. Or just playing around. Ask @lancetkenyon he will give you the low down as best as he can. I am liking the Steiner for the clarity, type of reticle for hunting and it's illuminated. Where as my Toric isn't. But it also has some nice glass. I am also waiting on scope rings right now. I have a Trijicon also. So this is another option you could look at. I believe it will come down to what features you like more than the quality of glass. Because in my untrained eye they all look great.
Thank you very much.!! Tribb
I am mainly concerned about glass clarity and low light resolution. I already have a predator 6-24x50. Don't have a toric , but have mounted several for other people.

I have the Toric 4-20 and would have bought the 4-25 if it were available then. Still might buy one, they have a version that came out yesterday with a reticle and turrets designed by Eagleman who runs Barbour Creek long range shooting school. It is MOA and specifically designed as a hunting reticle. A few years ago I was at the range shooting next to a guy who had a Kahles 525i. He asked about the Tract and got behind it to compare it to his Kahles. He was amazed at how close they were optically as well as mechanically. For half the money. I like Steiners as well but would go with a t least a TX5i or the 2.5x15 TX6i or spend half as much and get a Tract 2.5x15 with really good glass.

I have the Steiner think it's 6-25. I think it's great glass. It's mounted on a 300wm and I have had good results.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 30