Release of the Tract Toric scope for LRHunting

There in lies the issue for me. Why would anyone need a 34mm tube for hunting? For example, my leupold is a 30mm and tops out with 38 moa of up elevation. On paper that is 1500 yards roughly, plus hold over, etc and the scope is capable of a mile. Since the convo is around hunting applications and not match it seems more appropriate to design two LR hunting scope lines. One that is heavy as HeII and one that is light. User can pick the poison of that choice. Big heavy scope with FFP and Mil, or light SFP MOA. Willing to bet 10/1 sales to the latter of those 2.
Leupolds are well known to not be dependable dialing scopes.

Leupolds are well known to not be dependable dialing scopes.
Could be. I have had no issues in general with any of mine. Not the point regardless. There are plenty of options in a light hunting package that does not require a 34mm tube and some weird desire to dial up 100 moa. For those who shot ELR, comp, and hunt with the same optic, it makes sense. It seems most will not do that. They have specific rifle systems for each category.

There are advantages to the increased amount of elevation capability. No need for maxing out, and or using holdover. No need for canted rails etc.
Helps to stay in a wide sweet spot of travel.
May be of benefit for mounting height & not require
Adjustable cheek hardware or tall rings etc.

Just to mention a few.

YMMV.

There are advantages to the increased amount of elevation capability. No need for maxing out, and or using holdover. No need for canted rails etc.
Helps to stay in a wide sweet spot of travel.
May be of benefit for mounting height & not require
Adjustable cheek hardware or tall rings etc.

Just to mention a few.

YMMV.
Could be but I have never seen a need for it on a hunting rifle ever. Running chassis with thermal and nv rails and no issue. It's just an opinion but it seems a little tacticool factor for the brag board not much more.

I suppose the elevation dial regardless of amount of travel may be considered tacticool but probably only by those running fixed power loopy's.
Same could be said for chassis, thermals, & NV rails, etc, etc….
All of my optics have some range of adjustments on Every Dial.

The Tract Toric 4-25 is a well thought out & designed LR Hunting Optic.

YMMV.

I suppose the elevation dial regardless of amount of travel may be considered tacticool but probably only by those running fixed power loopy's.
Same could be said for chassis, thermals, & NV rails, etc, etc….
All of my optics have some range of adjustments on Every Dial.

The Tract Toric 4-25 is a well thought out & designed LR Hunting Optic.

YMMV.
Probably. I use mine tho. Actual use vs internet warrior. Having a decent compliment of scope brands (NF, S&B, vortex, sightron, leu, swaro) I know they can all have pro/con and there is a wide variety of brands to choose from these days making shopping a interesting process. To each their own, but it doesn't appear to be a popular idea to build a light hunting rifle concept with a heavier scope. Not really worth the effort to argue over. I guess it can always be used as an anchor or club when a guy is too scared to shoot that cheytac any more.

If one considers who developed it and his audience / student being Long range hunting and shooting, it's applicable. I've been consider a March 4-28 as an all around scope and my Tract 4-20 is really all the scope I need. but then so is my Tract 3-15. At the sniper school I attended 20 years ago I used a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40 1 inch tube and most of our shooting was done at 10 power or less and the USMC snipers used straight Unertl 10 power scopes for a long time. Times change, as does every market and perception of what equipment is necessary to accomplish a particular task. James has designed a very capable scope that meets the needs of his market, or audience if you prefer which is reasonably priced for what it is. If one doesn't think that it's necessary or practical, fine, buy something that suits you but please be considerate of those who appreciate the work and thought that went into this project and did see that James is working on a 3-15 version?

I try to always respect that we all have our own opinions about everything and I never take ownership of other people's stuff. (thoughts, feelings, issues etc.)

Big heavy scope with FFP and Mil, or light SFP MOA. Willing to bet 10/1 sales to the latter of those 2.
See, I want a light FFP Mil scope for hunting. I'd love something in the 5-25x or 4-20x range that has an elevation turret and comes in around 20-25oz. Something that's not a Vortex, though I just might end up trying the LHT since it's seemingly the only thing out there that fits those parameters.

If one considers who developed it and his audience / student being Long range hunting and shooting, it's applicable. I've been consider a March 4-28 as an all around scope and my Tract 4-20 is really all the scope I need. but then so is my Tract 3-15. At the sniper school I attended 20 years ago I used a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40 1 inch tube and most of our shooting was done at 10 power or less and the USMC snipers used straight Unertl 10 power scopes for a long time. Times change, as does every market and perception of what equipment is necessary to accomplish a particular task. James has designed a very capable scope that meets the needs of his market, or audience if you prefer which is reasonably priced for what it is. If one doesn't think that it's necessary or practical, fine, buy something that suits you but please be considerate of those who appreciate the work and thought that went into this project and did see that James is working on a 3-15 version?

I try to always respect that we all have our own opinions about everything and I never take ownership of other people's stuff. (thoughts, feelings, issues etc.)
I see no one bagging on the scope or the work. There has been an irritation response to a few people discussing a lighter option and possible user response. Apparently that got some feels going and taking things out of context and in the end a worthless banter that brings nothing to the table. So having said that, you make a great point, time to step away from the ignorant arguments and move on so that's my que to exit. Appreciate it.