Colorado wolves being relocated.

The wolves release came shortly after the CPW reduced the 2nd rifle season and since decided to eliminate OTC elk archery tags (beginning 2025) due to the significant winter kill in 2022/23. "To protect the ecosystem" is the BS they tell themselves while, as others have stated, the true CO residents deal with the reality of these peoples ignorance.
With that said, I am about to put the last of my gear in the truck and heading for CO to hunt some elk... later fellas!

In Eastern NC, they moved in Texas "big Coyotes" and called them Red Wolves. They sat each wolf down and said, "We want you to stay on Federal swamp land and only mate with other Red Wolves. There is very little food on the federal swamp land, but that is your "home range" so stay there." The wolves said OK.

Immediately the wolves moved to private hunting lands where there was dry ground, food plots and lots of game to eat. Wolves were captured and relocated back to the federal swamp land. During this time, they also "cross breed" with local coyotes, (even though these red wolves were nothing more than big coyotes) and once again they left the federal land.

Just because the libtards and other government officials are incapable of leaving their yard without being in a vehicle, wolves can and will travel and they will find the easiest source of food. Predators have their place in the eco-system, but they need to be controlled. If not, other animals will be eradicated.

I am shocked that any program headed by the government would not be a tremendous success. Almost all government "officials" have been so successful in the private sector, you know that expertise would carry over into their positions in govenment. I think predator management is the first government program to fail, as SS, welfare, voting, immigration, and 10,000 other programs have a track record of success.

Last edited:
The wolves should have been limited to the National Parks, once they step out the are free game and should have had tags issued like grizzly bears. The Fish and Game and other liberal agencies are becoming more anti hunting . The more game that the wolves kill the less tags they give out and slowly take more opportunities to hunt

What a crock of 🐂💩 thinking relocation works with wolves. These animals have enormous range well beyond what these so called biologist will admit to in any document.

Michigan collared a itty bitty gray wolf in the UP, of course it stayed in Michigan, or wait, the United States! NOPE! This wolf traveled a documented 4200 miles before killed in Manitoba. Maybe the collars need to have shock capability based upon GPS coordinates like fluffy in backyard. The absurdity of agencies giving the impression moving these range rovers a 50-100 miles solves the problem. Understand the Michigan wolf traveled 4200 miles in 18 months or 233 miles/month. It was just wandering versus traveling in certain direction for specific food source like easy pickings cattle.

View attachment 599315
Thanks for posting this, Muddy.