Coal gets longer and longer

So these are the factory cases fired and then reloaded by you?

Or is this happening with factory, unfired loaded ammo also?

How are you sizing the cases before you load these three.

Standard dies, Bushing dies, etc? If bushing dies, do you have smaller? Can you increase neck tension?

If your dies are not getting enough, this could happen with multiple rifles.

So these are the factory cases fired and then reloaded by you?

Or is this happening with factory, unfired loaded ammo also?

How are you sizing the cases before you load these three.

Standard dies, Bushing dies, etc? If bushing dies, do you have smaller? Can you increase neck tension?

If your dies are not getting enough, this could happen with multiple rifles.
Redding bushing dies. Went down to .328". Very heavy to seat. Did the same thing with fired brass and new. Both have been sized with bushing die.

Are you measuring COAL or with a comparator for CBTO?

I could see the soft point of a partition deforming the length or maybe even pushing it deeper in the case if hitting the roof/top of the chamber as it comes off the feed ramp if mag feeding.

Are you single feeding or mag feeding when this occurs?

Are you measuring COAL or with a comparator for CBTO?

I could see the soft point of a partition deforming the length or maybe even pushing it deeper in the case if hitting the roof/top of the chamber as it comes off the feed ramp if mag feeding.

Are you single feeding or mag feeding when this occurs?
I've used 2 different Hornady competitors. Measuring CBTO. I also checked the COAL with no comparator. Mag feeding

3 rifles with same problem...it seems very obvious....there's no way it's a carbon ring..in all 3 rifles....very unlikely burrs..in all 3 rifles...very unlikely it a bolt problem..in all 3 rifles......
Comes to conclusion of 1 realistic reason for all 3 rifles.....neck tension...
Nothing else makes sense....

From OP:
"I tried it with no primers in and the bushing I used made it really tough to seat. It was .328. Tried with lube as wel. When extracting it was done gently"

Running out of ideas here.
So if you have really tight seating tension, then you chamber it and it gets longer, maybe the area of shoulder to body diameter is being affected (growing).
I had this happen when experiencing "donuts" and did not recognize the swelling of that part of the cartridge when I seated the bullet.
So, you might do a measurement of the diameter at the body/shoulder before seating, after seating, after chambering and ejecting.
What a strange deal this problem is.....

From OP:
"I tried it with no primers in and the bushing I used made it really tough to seat. It was .328. Tried with lube as wel. When extracting it was done gently"

Running out of ideas here.
So if you have really tight seating tension, then you chamber it and it gets longer, maybe the area of shoulder to body diameter is being affected (growing).
I had this happen when experiencing "donuts" and did not recognize the swelling of that part of the cartridge when I seated the bullet.
So, you might do a measurement of the diameter at the body/shoulder before seating, after seating, after chambering and ejecting.
What a strange deal this problem is.....
I agree it is strange. I will try what you suggested. Thank you

I appreciate everyone's responses. This is why I wait every morning for new threads to show up in my inbox. Great community that knows endless information about this passion.

I appreciate everyone's responses. This is why I wait every morning for new threads to show up in my inbox. Great community that knows endless information about this passion.
I'm not sure if you're using a Hornady Lock and Load, but when I think the bullet is at the lands, I put a cleaning rod in from the muzzle touching the bullet. Then I easily tap the bullet back and forth between the Lock and Load and the cleaning rod. I'm pretty sure I'm just kissing the lands with this method.

You can rule out the bullet being pulled out by jamming them into the lands by seating them deeper. Seat them deeper and see if you have the same issue. You should also check to see if it the bullet coming out of the case or if it's the case growing. Could be either causing your measurements to be getting longer.