Cleaning your clothes

KSB209

What do you all use to wash your clothes? I usually just use a little detergent (like tide) and rinse a couple extra times. Never really bought into the Sent-a-way soaps for clothes but is there a specific brand of detergent that is better then normal laundry soap. I will usually put in the dryer on low for about 5 mins just to get the wetness off and hang dry everything.

So, what do you guys use before putting away the camo for the season?

I use a detergent made for hunting clothing because they do not contain the fragrance and UV brighteners present in most grocery store detergents. I keep my clothes in large storage totes with diy ozone generator hookups. Because I hunt from the ground using traditional archery equipment, I am a bit OCD scent wise.

I use the laundry detergent made for hunting clothes currently. I've tried several but am currently using Elimisheild. It seems to have less odor than the last one I tried, Atsko. In the past I've used Free & Clear, which seemed to work just as well. I don't use anything with UV brightners, not sure how much that matters though.

I dry my clothes on a line next to the woods behind my house. If it's too cold for that, then they go in the dryer and come out immediately when dry.

During season, the clothing I'm actively using stays in a PVC duffle bag in the seat of my pickup, along with my boots and backpack which are in unscented trash bags. In the off season, I store them in a large tote that has a sealed lid.

I also use scent spray on my pack and boots most every time I go in the woods.

Does all the above make any difference? Honestly, I can't tell that it has. I had a doe, with her nose to the ground, stop dead in her tracks a week or so ago when she crossed my trail that I walked in on. It was out in the open, just leaves, I had on rubber boots and had sprayed them with the scent spray before I walked in. No doubt it didn't work on her. Then a few days later I had 3 does walk right underneath my climber after I'd spent a lot of time clearing limbs and such from under it and probably had my scent everywhere. So who knows.

Any regular unscented detergent, but I also don't allow any scented products to be used year round including dryer sheets. It takes several laundry cycles to get scented products out of the wash so to speak.

Just-Jon: I use a detergent made for hunting clothing because they do not contain the fragrance and UV brighteners present in most grocery store detergents. I keep my clothes in large storage totes with diy ozone generator hookups. Because I hunt from the ground using traditional archery equipment, I am a bit OCD scent wise.

I am with you, I use a hunter's laundry detergent, because I do not want the UV brighteners on my hunting clothes. I use Sport Wash by Sno Seal on all my hunting clothes including my turkey clothes. I also run a quick full water load with just the Sport Wash first with a few of my regular clothes, before I wash my hunting clothes. I want all that other stuff out of there before my hunting clothes go in it. If the clothes have a lot of blood on them, I may use some body soap and shampoo to scrub into the bloody area before I put them into the wash.

Laundry soap, expressly designed for hunting clothes, is fairly cheap and lasts for years. It's not like you wash your hunting clothes every day.

I use any one of the readily available products intended for hunting apparel.

All of my hunting clothes are washed in scent free detergent with no UV brighteners and put into a tote until time to use. I also run a load of regular clothes with sf detergent beforehand and into the dryer before my hunting clothes. I live in town and wouldn't want to defeat the purpose and hang 'em outside.