Cleaning firearms

I missed a buck of a life time as he scented me from a very long distance. I did not put any scent on me so I wondered where it came from.
A close buddy was hunting 1/4 mile from me on a hill top and watched the deer scent me. He had no shot and the buck was long gone by the time I got to where I had seem him before but always wondered how a buck can scent me with no scent products on me.
I am positive it was not a fart as I had not eaten yet.
Now I think it was some smell that alarmed him. Possibly a solvent smell as I had to fine tune a load for the 30-06 as no one had Partitions so I changed bullets and had to zero that new load 3 weeks before season opened. Still have that that Ruger 77 tang safety rifle.
I am testing the product from Walmart "Scent A Way", Alcohol sounds like good advice as the smell fades fast.

I missed a buck of a life time as he scented me from a very long distance. I did not put any scent on me so I wondered where it came from.
A close buddy was hunting 1/4 mile from me on a hill top and watched the deer scent me. He had no shot and the buck was long gone by the time I got to where I had seem him before but always wondered how a buck can scent me with no scent products on me.
I am positive it was not a fart as I had not eaten yet.
Now I think it was some smell that alarmed him. Possibly a solvent smell as I had to fine tune a load for the 30-06 as no one had Partitions so I changed bullets and had to zero that new load 3 weeks before season opened. Still have that that Ruger 77 tang safety rifle.
I am testing the product from Walmart "Scent A Way"
The Buck could have been spooked by something else also. Or possibly your breath was scented by him depending on the wind. I am always more concerned with my breath getting me busted more than anything else I may have.