Circles on the side of fired brass?

Ckgworks

I got a small pile of 6.5 creedmoor brass with the intention of playing with sizing into 250 AI brass.....many of them have this circle mark on the side of the case. Anyone seen this before? AR10 deflector? I can't picture a gun that has a perfect circle on the deflector block.
20240305_181420.jpg

Cool.....
Looks like it's the same size as your brass neck.....
Could it be a piece sheared off somehow and imbedded in the chamber wall???
Pics are required.....

Last edited:
I picked it up at a gunshow with a bunch of misc. bullets. I didn't look to close at it because it was just for trial and error testing and I didn't care too much about it.......maybe I'll run into the gentleman again and be able to ask but your comment about pressure testing brought back a memory, I seem to remember seeing that in a article years ago.

I got a small pile of 6.5 creedmoor brass with the intention of playing with sizing into 250 AI brass.....many of them have this circle mark on the side of the case. Anyone seen this before? AR10 deflector? I can't picture a gun that has a perfect circle on the deflector block. View attachment 550832
i've seen this before, but can't remember when or where. Never did figure it out either. I believe it was after the time I was in the Army. I generally pickup brass case I find and store store it for a rainy day.

I have thousands of once-fired brass I bought from a ballistics tech.Like stated before,the circle is from the test barrel and does not affect the brass.I have fired thousands of rounds of this brass and I have never had one issue from the scribe mark on the brass.At $.18-$.25 a piece shipped to me,I stocked up and I'm glad I did.

Guys, I do not mean to Hijack this thread, but I really need a bit of help. This week end, at a Gun show, I purchased a bag of 50 Rem. Once Fired Brass, in 30-06. The seller, who sells tons of brass, and several bags that were prepped by him. Resized and deprimed; Flash hole reamed, ;wet tumbled , primer pockets perfectly clean. I was just separating the cases by weight when I noticed his very uniform flash holes appeared to be ever so slightly larger than the raggedy Flash Holes in my new, unfired 30-06 Rem Cases. I have no means of accuratly measuring the dia. of the two holes. Could be 1/1000 th difference , or maybe less. His cases have Flash Holes are perfectly round. Should I decrease my 30-06 Loads?? Is it unsafe to use that same load if the Flash Hole is slightly larger?? Any advice is really appreciated!! Thanks Lenny