Chronograph and timer reccomendations please

4ked Horn

I would like your input on a chronograph and match timer combo. I will mostly be using the chrono but would like the versatility of having an IPSC style timer as well.

Looking for simple opperation and a good value. I don't need the best but I don't want the cheapest either.

You might consider getting a really good chrono like the Oehler Model 35 (proof screens, etc). Save some dollars by skipping the printer (pad of paper & pencil still works great), and purchasing a small IPSC type timer. In fact, I have one that Dillon sells that is new and I don't use! Just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]
As much as you shoot IPSC (Not in the last how many years?)

[/ QUOTE ]

What? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (I only have time for x number of hobbies. When I start one up then one has to go. Right now it's LRH, Birds, ATVs. Next summer it might be Wave runners, ATVs and pistols. We will have to see.)

Unless I am missing something the Oehler and the Pact both tell me how fast my bullets are flying +/- some small degree of error. But the pact also is a match timer.

Midway: Oehler starts at $200 for two screen and $225 for 3 screen.
Pact mark4 timer and chrono $200

The timer may not get used a ton right now but when the boys get old enough to shoot it will come in real handy.

[ QUOTE ]
The timer may not get used a ton right now but when the boys get old enough to shoot it will come in real handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The things that are reasonably certain are tax increases and obselescence of any piece of electronic gear before you can get it out of the box.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.