Christensen Arms 16” 308 load data

UPDATE:
Well… I found the problem!…I think!
Glad I gave it a fair chance after shooting so bad.
I didn't realize or think of the order they would appear when I took the pictures a few minutes ago…. Sorry

So the first is the last 3 shots today.

The second (shoot-n-see) is 2 groups with the Vortex Razor day before yesterday before I swapped the scope.

The 3rd shows the sight-in and a 3 shot group (center target) mentioned yesterday after the scope change…along with todays final group (above right of same target).

So, I guess I'll see if Vortex will repair or replace my Razor…
Nice. Now don't clean it and shoot again and see if it repeats. Once Vortex sends you a new scope, sell it on SH :p

Haha!
I feel the same. I can't afford nice scopes on all my rifles but I'm happy if my set and forget shorter range hunting scopes handle the regular daily bumps and bruises and stay on zero. I'm a bit more cautious with my more expensive dialing scopes.
or you buy two really nice scopes and share them with all your rifles ;) And yes, you get a nice return to zero

Next 3 with same load:

Cold bore dead center.
Second slight left.
Third dropped low left.
Could have been me since I was so excited!
I did have a 4th loaded and shot it at 300 and hit center plate.
It did speed up 15 fps on my average.
I'll do it again soon with much attention to my load prep.
Anyway… ES and SD isn't the best but I can now work on loading up a consistent batch.
Stock painting is also next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 6
Next 3 with same load:

Cold bore dead center.
Second slight left.
Third dropped low left.
Could have been me since I was so excited!
I did have a 4th loaded and shot it at 300 and hit center plate.
It did speed up 15 fps on my average.
I'll do it again soon with much attention to my load prep.
Anyway… ES and SD isn't the best but I can now work on loading up a consistent batch.
Stock painting is also next.
You'll need way more shots than 3 shot groups. If that were me, I'd still be suspect on the barrels performance.

Make sure to do some dry fire practice, and shoot a group of 10 and see how she does. What are your SD's?

12 sd and that's about as good as its had with Tac so far.
Of course Varget was low Sd but velocity was lower than I was trying to achieve.

I shoot a lot… and often. It may or may not have been me. I'm suggesting it may have been because I finally saw improvement in this SOB and was happy.

I'm pretty sure this carbon barrel will drift as it heats up. I'd have to wait a good while to cool between shots for a 10 shot group…which I didn't have time for.
I will load a good consistent batch and shoot it again.
I haven't given it that much until I found something it would shoot.

12 sd and that's about as good as its had with Tac so far.
Of course Varget was low Sd but velocity was lower than I was trying to achieve.

I'm pretty sure this carbon barrel will drift as it heats up. I'd have to wait a good while to cool between shots for a 10 shot group…which I didn't have time for.
I will load a good consistent batch and shoot it again.
I haven't given it that much until I found something it would shoot.
Carbon barrels should heat up slower and drift less. Get a good barrel cooler, they work great! Or make them for super cheap

I have several carbon barrels and from different manufacturers… and mine all drift before my heavy steel barrels.
All of my carbons are on hunting rifles so I should get it done in 1-2 shots… or at least never more in the past.

I have several carbon barrels and from different manufacturers… and mine all drift before my heavy steel barrels.
All of my carbons are on hunting rifles so I should get it done in 1-2 shots… or at least never more in the past.
Makes sense, but the data with 1-3 shots won't give you the optimal info you need to make a good load. That's why the OCW test is so important to use so you test over a cold, cool, warm, and hot barrel, what will your load do in all those cases? That's a good proper load development method. Glad it's gotten better, a nice little grouping would be nice

Yeah.
Fought this thing for a bit because it shot wildly with everything I tried…Then… changed the scope and it got to shooting. It's like starting over again so the rest will come now that I see potential as a keeper.
Thanks