Carbon 6 Barrel - 300 PRC or 300 Wthby???

JustAnOldCooter

Hi Guys,
I have been unhappy with how quickly the weatherby factory barrel would walk on paper with the 3rd+ rounds in slow fire...yes, all mounts are rock solid - not shooter error/loads/atmospheric conditions/fouling/etc...and not the optic (Leupold Premier Reticle).
As such, I am rebarreling my Weatherby Weathermark Mark V from the factory barrel to a new Carbon 6 Bartlein CF wraped heavy-profile barrel in 26" 1:9" twist. I could stick with 300 Wthby, but I am more impressed by the 300 PRC given the data and real-world reviews on the cartridge.
Given the dimensions, performance, and headspacing off the shoulder with the PRC...I tend to believe as a cartridge the 300 PRC has the potential to edge out a 300 Weatherby on accuracy potential...and given the shoulder angle and neck length, that the throat errosion would be less than the Weatherby as well with similar velocity.
Just wanted to see what this community thought with regard to going with 300 PRC over 300 Weatherby.
For Brass, I have 200 casings of unfired Lapua 300 PRC, and for the 300 Weatherny - about 80 once fired HSM casings +100 Weatherby loaded 180 gr. Barnes-X Cartridges custom made by HSM...so brass is no big deal.

Thanks Guys! God Bless

Hey, I have a Carbon 6 barrel in 300 Wby. I also have one in 22-250 AI. They are both great barrels. I haven't really finished load development on the 300 and I have 3 different bullets that are all shooting .75 MOA or under. I'd go with the Wby, way more "cool" factor for me
Take Care

The chance for factory ammo (under $100) and all that excellent brass tips the scale to the PRC. The other arguments against the Weatherby aren't valid in my mind. Any cartridge chambered by a gunsmith now will be "inherently accurate" because it just inherited a custom chamber from today's technology.