Buying a used Labradar, what do I need to know before I buy

Add the following to the equation -- the Garmin is much smaller, more portable, and since its so much smaller, wind will not blow it over as easily. The Labradar size is relatively huge and you will need more than a tripod to keep it safe in any sort of wind. I built a base using a 10lb round dumbell.

No longer needing to lug the Labradar and heavy base around "priceless" as they say...... My Labradar went for under $300 on ebay. Good riddance.

It doesn't blow over that easy with this plate & ball head.
1727740009974.png

It is eight years this month since I bought my LabRadar. Since then I have fired several thousand rounds and I could count the number of missed shots on the fingers of one hand. My LabRadar has not missed a beat and I won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the great responses. Will save for the garmin.
I have never seen a LR actually in use. But 5-6 times now at least seen guys at my private gun club use the Garmin and they loved it and I saw 1st hand how well it worked with everything from 22lr to HG's to high powered rifles.
Was impressed and surprised just how well it would pick up 22lr ammo.
Most of us went through a learning curve using the LR, some more painful than others. Like @lancetkenyon, I will keep mine until I am ready to upgrade. Even though I currently have funds, I cannot justify it. Who knows, something else better might come up by then.

My best advice is to get what you need and not keep up with the Joneses. 🤣

It doesn't blow over that easy with this plate & ball head. View attachment 606269
At the time (2020), there was a starter quad pod kit for $65 IIRC, plus materials for the legs. When I costed it out, it was ~$100. There was also a custom-built one, $200+, made of aluminum. It was nicely done, but I cannot justify it either way. So, I built one with an $18 saw horse from Home Depot. A few LRH and LRO members followed suit.
LabRadar stand 1 of 2.jpg
LabRadar stand 2 of 5.jpg
LabRadar stand 3 of 5.jpg
LabRadar stand 4 of 5.jpg
LabRadar stand 5 of 5.jpg