Bushing

Maybe the focus of that Redding communication was on runout rather than raw sizing to goal.
If there were a raising of markings from the bushing surface, then it makes sense to place the markings facing down in the die. With that, the markings would not be in contact with anything during sizing.
I have also read the sentiment that carbide bushings are more consistent end-to-end, maybe that's true.

Otherwise, it only makes sense (by default), to place markings upward in dies, so that you can quickly see what's installed.
That's what I do for both Redding and Wilson bushings. So far no problems.

I'm gonna say that's not true.
OK
okie man
Please post what you have for information on Bushings that you have to dispute what I posted.
Just don't post "I'm gonna say that's not true"

I have called Wilson, Redding, Hornady, RCBS. Their "Bushings" are the same (and compatible interchangeable - FOSTERs may be different) on either end even though they have lettering on one end or an up side the are the same. They do this because they don't stamp on both ends. Also the reloader that wants to do everything the same way every time. You can do it with the letter up or down. We have at least 5-6 (60-70 total) of "Neck Bushings" for each cartridge we neck size and they all are the same either way. If you have "Bushings" take your Micrometer and measure. You will also see a "Bevel" on each end.
I would say go to your reloading station right now, pull out your "Neck Bushings" and look at them with a good light to see the "Bevel" on both ends and then take your micrometer and measure.

OK
okie man
Please post what you have for information on Bushings that you have to dispute what I posted.
Just don't post "I'm gonna say that's not true"

I have called Wilson, Redding, Hornady, RCBS. Their "Bushings" are the same (and compatible interchangeable - FOSTERs may be different) on either end even though they have lettering on one end or an up side the are the same. They do this because they don't stamp on both ends. Also the reloader that wants to do everything the same way every time. You can do it with the letter up or down. We have at least 5-6 (60-70 total) of "Neck Bushings" for each cartridge we neck size and they all are the same either way. If you have "Bushings" take your Micrometer and measure. You will also see a "Bevel" on each end.
I would say go to your reloading station right now, pull out your "Neck Bushings" and look at them with a good light to see the "Bevel" on both ends and then take your micrometer and measure.
first off, I cut and pasted the info from Wilson. The people who made the bushing. But I'll also include a couple pics of the instructions included with my Wilson bushing die.
1651492885627.jpeg

Recent Posts