Building a 22 Creed - action length?

I see zero reason for a medium with a 22 Creed.

but if you're concerned, get a calculator and do the math.
Case length, bullet length, bearing surface, ogive, magazine etc. All those dimensions should be readily available online and if you can't find them...just ask someone that has components on hand to measure.
1.920 case length and a 95gr SMK is roughly 1.280...so you can seat that bullet .4 and still be inside standard short action mags.
The neck is roughtly .285 long so you're looking at .115 of the bullet being below the neck/shoulder junction...and that much is probably boat tail anyway.

#math

It depends on which 'medium' you're referring to.

All of Defiance's actions in what we call short actions are referred to as medium by Defiance. Yes they're jockeying names and dimensions right now but... They also make the XM actions or extended medium for the intermediate length cartridges such as the 6.5x284 Norma.

Here are the dimensions to use:

1711564235306.png

I'm collecting parts for a 22Creed and everything I see is that it's a SA cartridge.
If you want to nerd out on 22Creed, this guy from Horizon answers some of the common 22Creed questions :

I have a Defiance SA and a 7.7 twist on back order.
I'm getting cold feet as I monkey with the RPM calculator and might change that to 8 twist.

I'm collecting parts for a 22Creed and everything I see is that it's a SA cartridge.
If you want to nerd out on 22Creed, this guy from Horizon answers some of the common 22Creed questions :

I have a Defiance SA and a 7.7 twist on back order.
I'm getting cold feet as I monkey with the RPM calculator and might change that to 8 twist.

7.7 twist will be fine. If your SA is a model 7 length you should change it to a Defiance Medium which is the equivalent of everyone else's short action. Defiance should have changed that naming convention a decade ago.

Short action is all the length you need for the 22creed. My 80gr eld m loads are COAL 2.688" and that's seated above the neck shoulder junction. Even the 95gr SMK (1.310" bullet length) seated out where it needs to be is only 2.850 COAL

7.7 twist will be fine. If your SA is a model 7 length you should change it to a Defiance Medium which is the equivalent of everyone else's short action. Defiance should have changed that naming convention a decade ago.
I think Defiance is trying to unf__k their naming convention.
Mine is described as SA.
Talking with Wyatts, it is cut to accept his MBE-5 kit.

Built one a couple of weeks ago. Trued a Remington short action, Lilja 1:8 twist barrel, 80 g Hornady ELD-X shoot "lights out". Manson Reamer.