Browning Abolt titanium 7wsm

lchaber

I have an A bolt titanium mountain rifle in 7WSM. Love the rifle, not so happy with the caliber. Can this rifle be rechambered or rebarrelled into something else? I know it’s limited by magazine length.

Any rifle can be rebarreled (sometimes rechambered if geometry allows- but more often than not, not a prudent endeavor).

You need to explain the usage (largest game, and maximum typical range) and what it is about the 7 wsm you're "not happy" with.

Well...since the OP hasn't been back, I'm gonna guess he's not a fan of getting punched in the shoulder by the WSM in a 7 lb rifle. I mean, what else is not to like? :)

I love my 7WSM's. Great all around cartridge.

I am not a smith, but you can rebarrel and maybe rechamber your current barrel to a lighter 7mm depending on barrel contour. Could drop back to a 7mm-08 possibly, but again that is for your smith to determine.

I am 73 and yes the 7wsm does give me fits with recoil. I am mostly a varmint hunter. Occasionally look for a deer at ranges of 300 or less. This is way more gun than I need. I know they made them in 243. That would be perfect for me. I was just wondering if it were possible to convert to something else. I imagine the bolt face would limit me on my choices. Then too, I have dies, 3 boxes of factory ammo, 3 boxes of brass so I’m set up for using this rifle as is. My best option would probably be to trade this or sell it to get something better suited to my needs. I’ll be pondering my options.