Broke in my Edge in Alaska

grinnergetter

Hunted with Deltana unguided....80 miles South of Prudoe Bay. I was feeling pretty cocky out to 700 and of course my shots were 300 and 100....whoopdedooo! Both were Bang/Flops with 300 SMK's.

Big brown showed up at camp at 9 pm, we watched him well past midnight and this is what remained 9 hours later.

I bet that was an awesome hunt!! It is always the way it works, practice for beyond 500 and shoot them at 50. Nice job.

Was that one of the caribou taken on the hunt or did the bear get a caribou grazing out in the field? Amazing how nature doesnt let anything go to waste. People need to take some pointers from her!

The eaten bou is the one in the second pic. When we spotted the bear he was picking at a previous kill 426 from camp. Which is why we didn't exactly rush back to get the meat from the bull I had just shot.

Looking back....we kept trying to see the remains from previous kills and we thought it was odd that we couldn't find them through binos. I'm thinking he was there the whole time just waiting for us to leave a carcass.

Amazing hunt and I would leave tonight to go back if the wife would be ok with that. Gonna need one of those bears.....started saving as soon as I got back.:D

The eaten bou is the one in the second pic. When we spotted the bear he was picking at a previous kill 426 from camp. Which is why we didn't exactly rush back to get the meat from the bull I had just shot.

Looking back....we kept trying to see the remains from previous kills and we thought it was odd that we couldn't find them through binos. I'm thinking he was there the whole time just waiting for us to leave a carcass.

Amazing hunt and I would leave tonight to go back if the wife would be ok with that. Gonna need one of those bears.....started saving as soon as I got back.:D
Shoulda just pulled trigger n put it on the credit card:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.