Bottom Metal Help

bahabill

I ordered a Terminus Krato Lite and Joel said to get A Hawkins Hunter DBM in CIP length m5 bottom metal. Will be for 300 prc and Possibly set up later for 7prc. down the road.
I looked at alot of hawkins on brownells and midway but they all seem to say they dont accept CIP length.
I am really confused and never changed from factory setups so no experience. Can someone please help me and possibly send a link to what I need to get and the Magazine so I dont order the wrong stuff and then I can call Mcmillan and have a stock made up.
THANKS GUYS
Bill

There is no CIP length Hawkins Hunter mags.
Hawkins makes a specific LA flush mag for the .300PRC, however, that fits fantastic.
I am running 230 Hybs .005" off the lands and they fit just fine in a non-CIP LA mag. 7PRac is quite a bit shorter and would easily fit with tons of room in an LA mag.

Get the Hawkins Hunter LA M5 DBM and a Hawkins Hunter 300PRC flush mag. 3+1.

In stock here:

And here:

However, if you get the regular M5 (not the Hunter flush DBM), you can get CIP length and run Accurate mags in it.

Last edited:
I have a Kratos Lite and run a BDL floor plate, Hawkins Precision M5 Oberndorf with a Wyatt's Extended Mag for a client 7 PRC, it fits and operates fine with the Kratos Lite cutout. If you decide to go this route, you would need to order the Wyatt Extended for the 300 PRC with appropriate follower and spring kit.