BOLO - 375 Allen Magnum

royinidaho

Be on the look out for the following:

A 375 AM, all up, Leuy Mk-4 LRT w/TS-29 reticle.

It morphed from above description to a fabricated metal thing somewhere between Blackfoot, ID, SLC, Billings MT and Kalispel MT.

Pics of both

Anyone have an idea of what the metal thing is?

Cowhide cheek rest.jpg
FedEx Pic of AM.JPG
Fedex Topic.JPG

Whatever it is they probably don't want it back, as bad as you want your rifle.

Was the box switched, or just the contents?

Who knew your were shipping it locally.
Just the fedex guy and the store owner...

I suspect that more will come to light when the fella who wanted the "funnel" learns he isn't getting it will start another search.

Kinda like trailing a game animal with a dog with no nose....

That happened to me with a rifle a few years ago...labels got switched somehow. I received a pistol barrel and my rifle ended up in Baltimore, MD in the "black hole" where all mis-marked packages end up. I got it back but it took over a month.

I don't feel good about it. I still think there was criminal activity in the label switch. I hope I am wrong. There must be video in the hub in Idaho so we can see who went out the door with it.

Steve

Did you ship it in a regular looking box or in a gun case? I really don't like shipping in a case without a cardboard cover to make it look plain.

It was a gun case that was covered in a cardboard box. Even at that it is pretty obvious what a box like that is. Could be golf clubs I guess.

Steve

I was expecting a big beautiful 375 AM girl and I got a funnel.

Roy volunteered his girl to help work on bullets for the big Cheytac based case 375's. Turns out the big horse power behind the heavy bullets is causing them to spin out. Our original 395g Hammer Hunter doesn't have the problem but it has the most baring surface of our big 375's. So the plan was to use Roy's rifle to figure out how much ratio of baring surface to bullet weight is needed in order to get full stability. Seemed like a great idea.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.