Bobcat tractors???

Bobcat are great for Skid steers, don't know about Tractors. I like buying US and have JD, but won't buy another JD since they are laying off and moving Plants to Mexico.

There has been manufacturing at Monterrey Mexico for some time, this isn't new, the lay off have nothing to do with the lines moving but the economy, its just bad timing for optics which the unions and other manufactures not US made are leveraging to their advantage. Right now I'm far happier with the product and support rolling out of Mexico than I was when those product were made in the mid west, they are showing more pride in their work and get real serious about solving an issue instead of blowing it off like some of the guys I know who just lost their jobs.

There has been manufacturing at Monterrey Mexico for some time, this isn't new, the lay off have nothing to do with the lines moving but the economy, its just bad timing for optics which the unions and other manufactures not US made are leveraging to their advantage. Right now I'm far happier with the product and support rolling out of Mexico than I was when those product were made in the mid west, they are showing more pride in their work and get real serious about solving an issue instead of blowing it off like some of the guys I know who just lost their jobs.
Unions can definitely ruin a Company and workers jobs. There is a Kia Plant here in GA on the GA/AL line. NON Union and the worker get top pay and benefits.
Why are a lot of Companies/Manufactures moving to GA and the South. NO ONIONS!

Not to derail this thread, but JD has been off shoring much of their production for many years.
Pretty sad, though, that their own estimates put their NET annual income at $7 billion yet they see a need to put Americans out of work and send those jobs elsewhere.
As for the tractors themselves, like was previously mentioned, choose the one with the best parts and service in your particular area.
Even a new tractor can need parts and that warranty doesn't do any good if parts are not available.
A brand that has been making inroads locally is Mahindra. I believe it's a Chinese company and supposed to be big in other countries.
Much of the movement to go overseas and out of the country is the current business climate in the United States. The current administration is very China friendly and Unions demanding more and more make it more attractive to build overseas. At some point things have got to change as we're becoming a nation of takers and not makers. As long as it is more profitable to build overseas, companies will. I'm all for American work, I absolutely HATE jobs leaving…but manufactures should be able to compete competitively here in the USA. Our national leaders are running off businesses fast as they can.

Not to derail this thread, but JD has been off shoring much of their production for many years.
Pretty sad, though, that their own estimates put their NET annual income at $7 billion yet they see a need to put Americans out of work and send those jobs elsewhere.
As for the tractors themselves, like was previously mentioned, choose the one with the best parts and service in your particular area.
Even a new tractor can need parts and that warranty doesn't do any good if parts are not available.
A brand that has been making inroads locally is Mahindra. I believe it's a Chinese company and supposed to be big in other countries.
Mahindra is made in India.

Much of the movement to go overseas and out of the country is the current business climate in the United States. The current administration is very China friendly and Unions demanding more and more make it more attractive to build overseas. At some point things have got to change as we're becoming a nation of takers and not makers. As long as it is more profitable to build overseas, companies will. I'm all for American work, I absolutely HATE jobs leaving…but manufactures should be able to compete competitively here in the USA. Our national leaders are running off businesses fast as they can.
Its been going on for the last 40 or 50 years. It started in the 60's and 70's and really started to flourish in the 80's. The simple fact is that its cheaper to pay a living wage in another country than it is here. Even if there were no unions in this country, it would still be cheaper and it would still be happening. About 15 to 20 years ago, I had a couple of friends starting a business building webpages for local businesses. They charged $50hr an hour. They posted a job and a guy from India applied for the position and said he would not accept a penny less than $4 an hour. They didn't hire the guy but you see allot of offshoring of IT because its so much cheaper. The thing about it is that they aren't really stealing jobs because we don't have enough people graduating from college with IT degrees to fill the positions.

Its been going on for the last 40 or 50 years. It started in the 60's and 70's and really started to flourish in the 80's. The simple fact is that its cheaper to pay a living wage in another country than it is here. Even if there were no unions in this country, it would still be cheaper and it would still be happening. About 15 to 20 years ago, I had a couple of friends starting a business building webpages for local businesses. They charged $50hr an hour. They posted a job and a guy from India applied for the position and said he would not accept a penny less than $4 an hour. They didn't hire the guy but you see allot of offshoring of IT because its so much cheaper. The thing about it is that they aren't really stealing jobs because we don't have enough people graduating from college with IT degrees to fill the positions.
You are correct, other countries don't have all the benefits we have here at home…. Employers here provide things like workers comp, health insurance, life/disability, and many more things that in other countries don't exist. But as far the tractors go I would stick with the known of what you're gonna get with the major names that's been around. But there's several good ones out there to choose from these days as well.

I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy compact tractor. There is a great deal on bobcat tractors right now. Free front end loader or 80 months financing at 0% interest. I am looking at the cash deal and the dealership I would be buying it from already had them marked down. Basically, I can get a bobcat 35hp tractor with front end loader for almost $10k cheaper then any of brand of tractor in the same class. I have not read anything bad about their tractors. The only thing bad I have read about them is that bobcat had been in the compact tractor business in the past and they got out of it and now they are back. Are they giving these great deals to get a better share of the market and if they are unsuccessful, are they going to pull out again?

The main issue that I have with bobcat tractors is that the nearest dealership is 50 miles away. There is a Kioti dealership 5 miles away. The Kioti dealership has a used Kioti CK3510 with front end loader with 150 hours for $3500 less than the bobcat. It still has some warranty on it. If the bobcat has to be taken in, I have to take a half a day off where as the Kioti I can drop it off at lunch. I am leaning towards the Kioti but really like the deal on the bobcat.
I have a Bobcat 40 horse tractor with cab that's at least 12 years old (maybe more). Not sure if it's still this way, but at that time I believe both Kioti and Bobcat seem to have been made in the same factory (I think Daedong), just painted different colors. Both are great choices, very heavy for the horsepower (cast iron parts) which should equal more durability.

Prior to the Bobcat I had a 35 hp Kioti with no cab (just rops) and it worked harder than you'd expect for a 35hp tractor. It had no trouble turning a 6 foot pto mounted tiller. The operators area was a little too tight for me (my knee would hit the pto button if I hit a bump) so I went with a bigger tractor, and the convenience of a cab for snow removal.

Prior to those two, had a 30 hp JD that after only 300 ish hours I had to spend several thousand on a clutch replacement from running the tiller. Got rid of it, haven't had a single mechanical issue with Bobcat or Kioti (other than AC in the Bobcat cab is weak)

You can't go wrong with either choice. For non-warranty repairs, the Kioti dealer would likely be able to service the Bobcat.

I ended up going with the kioti 35hp locally. It only had 132 hours and still has 2.5 years of warranty on it. When it was all said and done, I saved about $4k going local. The dealership is 10 minutes from my house.

Media.jpeg

I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy compact tractor. There is a great deal on bobcat tractors right now. Free front end loader or 80 months financing at 0% interest. I am looking at the cash deal and the dealership I would be buying it from already had them marked down. Basically, I can get a bobcat 35hp tractor with front end loader for almost $10k cheaper then any of brand of tractor in the same class. I have not read anything bad about their tractors. The only thing bad I have read about them is that bobcat had been in the compact tractor business in the past and they got out of it and now they are back. Are they giving these great deals to get a better share of the market and if they are unsuccessful, are they going to pull out again?

The main issue that I have with bobcat tractors is that the nearest dealership is 50 miles away. There is a Kioti dealership 5 miles away. The Kioti dealership has a used Kioti CK3510 with front end loader with 150 hours for $3500 less than the bobcat. It still has some warranty on it. If the bobcat has to be taken in, I have to take a half a day off where as the Kioti I can drop it off at lunch. I am leaning towards the Kioti but really like the deal on the bobcat.
i have bobcat mower, and like it,, but went with an LS tractor, 50 hp, great machine

Please let us know what you think after you've been able to use it a while.
So far I really like it. It has taken a bit of getting used to. I had only driven a tractor with hydrostatic transmission. This one is manual. I am trying to get better. I bought it to clear a clearcut area and make food plots. The road is on a slope with ruts so I think I need to practice a while more and try to work on the road a little before attempting. The back tires are filled with beet juice. I had never heard of that.

I started out using Bobcats on the job in the late 80's and now on use the skid steers like the T770. If you can afford one it will be your last tractor. :)