Bobcat tractors???

Jim,
If I'm thinking clearly Kioti may be a bobcat doppelgänger. I might be wrong so research but when bobcat quit making tractors in 2013 then Kioti came on the seen. Pretty much identical except for paint. I owned a couple Bobcat tractors a 45 horse then bought a new 50 in 13. Wish I would have never sold it. Great tractors. My only thought/suggestion is really give thought to what u want it for. Might look at jumping up to next chassis size. Then again maybe not. Good luck whichever way you go. Man I need to get a tractor again.
Dustin

Edit. I did a quick search. I couldn't be more wrong in the manufacturer. I apologize should have confirmed first. Both are nice tractors though.

Last edited:
I know Kioti typically come with rear hydraulics. I believe it two remotes which is really nice and fairly expensive add on that's included.

In that size tractor they will be competitive on pricing because it's a cut throat market. I suggest buying the brand that has the best service and parts availability in YOUR area.
In this size range if your planning on using it as a full size tractor buy as much warranty as possible and make sure when shopping to compare warranties, basic, power train and emissions.

Bobcat are great for Skid steers, don't know about Tractors. I like buying US and have JD, but won't buy another JD since they are laying off and moving Plants to Mexico.
We are getting a Kubota. Real expensive and they don't make deals.
We are getting 0% Down and 0% for 48 months
$60k - We searched everywhere in GA & AL, SC, TN. Dealers are all the same price wise. Used Kubota are good, but still high priced. If you see a good price advertised it is most likely sold the day before you called.

Utility Tractor
MX5400 HST ROPS 2-4 WD
It's a four cylinder 55hp
LA1065 FEL with 3rd function Valve, Heavy Bucket
BH92 Backhoe with Hydraulic Thumb 16" Bucket
CAT 1&2
R4 Hybrid Tires (Filled with water and antifreeze) for weight.
Free Delivery
Free 50hr Service with pickup & Delivery
We will do a lot of DYI attachments

Good luck in finding what you need and want!

Last edited:
I like buying US and have JD, but won't buy another JD since they are laying off and moving Plants to Mexico.
Not to derail this thread, but JD has been off shoring much of their production for many years.
Pretty sad, though, that their own estimates put their NET annual income at $7 billion yet they see a need to put Americans out of work and send those jobs elsewhere.
As for the tractors themselves, like was previously mentioned, choose the one with the best parts and service in your particular area.
Even a new tractor can need parts and that warranty doesn't do any good if parts are not available.
A brand that has been making inroads locally is Mahindra. I believe it's a Chinese company and supposed to be big in other countries.

I have looked at the 3025's but the bobcat 2035 has 10 more hp and with the current deals right now is probably $4k less which is why I have been looking at it. I think its the same with the John Deere 30 series but with the bobcat CT20 series, everything is pretty much the same as far as loader lifting capability. More horsepower does not buy you more lift. I have been trying to figure out the difference between 25hp compact tractors and 35hp compact tractors. As far as I have found, the 35hp are faster and give you more pto horsepower to run larger implements. They are only a few hundred pounds heavier. The 25hp version which is the same size as the JD 3025 at the dealership I am looking at are just under $16k with a loader. I think at my JD dealer, a new 3025 is around $24k. I have been contemplating the 25hp as well but the 35hp is such a good price its hard to walk away from.

If the dealership wasn't 50 miles away, I would have one sitting in my driveway right now.
I've had a new Holland boomer 40 since 2013 and I am very mean to that Tractor!
IMG_1412.jpeg
I'm very impressed with it, but I was told by the dealer I would not be happy with the hydrostatic. Mine is 16 speed with shuttle shift when it comes to compact tractors and the work they can do your limited by the weight, the heavier the better.

Not to derail this thread, but JD has been off shoring much of their production for many years.
Pretty sad, though, that their own estimates put their NET annual income at $7 billion yet they see a need to put Americans out of work and send those jobs elsewhere.
As for the tractors themselves, like was previously mentioned, choose the one with the best parts and service in your particular area.
Even a new tractor can need parts and that warranty doesn't do any good if parts are not available.
A brand that has been making inroads locally is Mahindra. I believe it's a Chinese company and supposed to be big in other countries.
Mahindra is from India. It is the nation vehicle. They use their tractor for transportation of people by pulling trailers with seats.
It is a reliable Tractor.
We bought a Kubota due to good reliable working and manufactured tractor. They have a Plant right here in GA where we live. But Parts are still hard to get. A lot of their Attachments are Made BY "LandPride" which is owned by Kubota. We are still waiting on a BH92 Backhoe. Kubota is in higher demand than production.

I've had a new Holland boomer 40 since 2013 and I am very mean to that Tractor! View attachment 592686I'm very impressed with it, but I was told by the dealer I would not be happy with the hydrostatic. Mine is 16 speed with shuttle shift when it comes to compact tractors and the work they can do your limited by the weight, the heavier the better.
Do you have weighted tires? If not have them filled with water and antifreeze.

Yes I do, you must fill the rear tires with ballast.
I used the pink potable water tank and RV tank antifreeze. It's been working just fine since 2013.
We don't want you to TIP OVER. I had two close calls. One trying to pull out a "T" Post with my FEL. Picked the rear end of the tractor right off the ground sand trying to pull a shrub out of my neighbor's yard. I happened so I almost could not react to lower the bucket. You would not think a "T" Post can hold in the ground. I got a "T" Post puller it is like a simple Jack and the Post came right out.

We don't want you to TIP OVER. I had two close calls. One trying to pull out a "T" Post with my FEL. Picked the rear end of the tractor right off the ground sand trying to pull a shrub out of my neighbor's yard. I happened so I almost could not react to lower the bucket. You would not think a "T" Post can hold in the ground. I got a "T" Post puller it is like a simple Jack and the Post came right out.
Funny you should mention T posts, I've just expanded my yard and use my tractor to remove all the old T posts and push them in the ground at the new location. I do not have to use that **** post Driver that gives me blisters and rings my ears and also I use this little piece of steel made for pulling them with a chain attached to the bucket they come out like butter and go in With a load of dirt in the bucket just as easy.
image.jpg

And the previous picture with the back end lifted up that had ballast in the tires, but did you see the stump I was digging up? I did end up getting it, but it was a work out!

ALL farm equipment manufacture are pulling in the reigns hard, JD just happens to be a favorite target and there were cuts at every level, from the floor to the top, they are not putting anyone out of work this economy is on top of being held at gun point by unions in the middle of covid which really hit the dealers hard!!

I just bought a 5075E
Same, good machine and solid step up from the 4 Series I was using before. There's a single dealer that has stores in North Texas and Arkansas where I spend most of my time, so it was an easy choice for me.

Regardless of what JD says... a 4 can move a round bale 🤣 But with the new machine the rear tires spend more time on the ground than in the air now.

I do not have to use that **** post Driver that gives me blisters and rings my ears
Manual drivers are of the devil. I had to use one last weekend because I cut a t-post in half accidentally (open mower on a skid steer, oops), my hands aren't in great shape to start with and they were pretty well swollen up after replacing a single post.

I've used the bucket trick a lot in the past, works great. Now I use a Man Saver pneumatic driver, mainly because if the ground is hard or rocky I can let it work as long as it needs too to go down. Keep feeding it air and it keeps slamming away.