• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Blackhorn 209

I use triple 7 ffg and fffg. I have pored a 130 gn load into a measure as best as can. Then I weighed it and it came out to 112 gn by weight. Then I weigh each load at home and fill about 10 to 12 vials with carefully weighed out. This is extremely accurate. I ran my LabRadar and they were with in 10 to 20 FPS. What more could you want. If I need real knock down power I use 4 T7 pellets behind a Remington AccuTip in my UML with a T-Rex muzzle break by LS customs. I get 3" groups at 300 yds usually if I am in the mood. I really would never spend $160 a pound for it. I am a gun dealer and can get all I want of it for $72 for a 8oz can and that is ridicules in my opinion when I can buy 777 by the pound or pellets for $32. I clean my gun after I shoot it always so I do not care if it is cleaner. Supply and demand if people stopped buying it out when ever they see it it will be priced as it is. When they shrank the can to 8 oz that was like kicking us in the nuts. But it did not stop sales. I can and do go out and shoot a full pound of 777 at the range sometimes and do not even think about it. I have bought RS and custom and am going to try that as well to see how that works in my rifle. Shooting sabots I will never wear out the barrel but even if I do I will just replace it with my spare I bought 3 years ago new for $100. IMHO For less than $300 LS customs will thread and install a T-Rex muzzle break on your rifle if you can remove the barrel. Just a little more if you send him the whole gun. I one most improvement you can do to you gun is a muzzle break. If its a ML or just a rifle when your gun kicks as they do in the big rifle category. I have never used Black powder (old school) and never will.

Last edited: