Bino Pouch- AGC, FHF, others?

Rifleman513

So I am looking at getting a new bino harness. I've mostly used the old elastic shoulder strap style harnesses.

I haven't been able to find any of the Alaska Guide or FHF harnesses to look at in person, but so far I like the buckle closure on the AGC vs the bungee on the FHF.

I want something that I could carry my Vortex 10x42 or my Meopta 12X50s in. Other requirements would be enough space for leica rangefinder, kestrel, phone, tags/license, etc.

Right now the front runner is the AGC classic x50. Any input on either of these brands or if you've found another option to look into would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AGC
Packs - Alaska Guide Creations

FHF
http://fhfgear.com/hunting/bino-harness/

I have the Alaska guide bino pouch. I think the have both the buckle and now the elastic tab and hook. Jared Owens is a stand up guy and a joy to talk to. My 15x56 fit but tight my 12x50 fit reel nice. I put them in with the 50mm side up then they are easy to take out (I leave my covers on inside the pouch). My g7 range finder fits but is tight so now I put it in a side punch on my back pack on the hip belt. The side pouches hold my kestral and gps leaving the larger accessory pouch empty. I do carry a map in the map pouch. I would buy it again.

Cm, what size did you get? It looks like the 50 model should fit both my sets pretty easy. Also how do you like the straps/ harness system on these? Do they seem fairly comfortable to carry the 50-56mm models? Thanks

Hands down the AGC best bino case made. Jaret is great to work with. I recommend 3m or scotch guard water proofing. A quick spray and you will be fine ..

Some insight on the owner Jaret. I order two in multi camo .. He didnt have multi camo in a particular size He sent me one in multi camo and one in green. After his shipment came in he called me and said buddy I'm gonna send your multi camo out I replied no need Jaret the green is just fine .. We chuckled and then starting talking optics .. He actually has some good deals on optics

The X50 for my Razors and X56 for my SLC

Attachments

• bino case.jpg
    bino case.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for the input guys. I wish they still offered that green that you have.

I think I will be getting one of the AGC x50's before summer scouting. Unfortunately, I saw the email about Kuiu's sale this weekend so this purchase will have to wait a month or two....

I have the Badlands bino harness it has a magnetic lid/cover I absolutely love it may not be big enough for you though. My brother bought an Eberlestock bino pack and does not care for it wishes He would have listened to me and got the Badlands. He though the larger size would be nicer but after a couple hunts with it came to the conclusion that the slimmer Badlands pack with quicker access lid/cover was way nicer.

Rifleman,
I'm not sure where you are in Colorado but I can tell you that there is a shop in Colorado that carries the AGC bino packs. It's 1shotgear in Englewood. Good guys to deal with

Thanks for the recommendation. I am in the springs so it's not too far. I looked at their website, seems like they carry some good quality gear. Guess I'll be having to make another stop next time I'm up that way.

Boman

Thanks for the recommendation. I was working in Littleton today so I stopped by 1shotgear to try on one of the AGC packs. They didn't have the 50 in the color I wanted with the buckle closure so I went for the 56 model with the buckle instead. There wasn't much difference in the size. I've been wanting one of these for a while so I'm anxious to see how it does on a long hike. Great little shop I would've never found otherwise.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts