Big screen for side by side

budlight

I don't mind paying for a monthly service. I just want something that gives you a constant birds eye view and terrain with any jeep trail. Like 8 inch or bigger screen

For my SxS I use the Apple Ipad mini. If you go with the Ipad, make sure you buy one with wifi + cellular. Cellular is needed to get the gps chip. I use GAIA GPS for the trail tracking system. They have a free version but their best program will cost about $59 per year. I first tried using the Garmin Overlander unit with their trail system before I went to Gaia. For me, Garmin couldn't compare with Gaia.

OnX Hunt and Off-Road share the same trail info. If you wand a less cluttered screen than Hunt just turn off some layers for you trip.

I also use an Ipad for moving map GPS (& Strelok & Hornady & an OBDII code reader & ...... ). It lives in an Otter case and I rarely ever take it out. ColonelGoose's point about getting the wifi+Cellular version is crucial as only that version has the internal GPS chip-set. Without that you'll need an external GPS device connected to it. Note that you do not have to enable it's cellular connection if you don't want to. Each rig has a RAM holder and a power cord for the Ipad.

Currently I am using Gaia, but they were recently bought and I've not been too happy with some of the changes. I've on and off looked at OnX and need to do so again.

With Gaia you need to do any route planning and mapping via their web page. Then sync the Ipad by turning it on within a wifi zone. Can do waypoints on the fly on the Ipad, but I've found anything more to be difficult if not impossible.