Best scope on a budget

Keep an eye on NY Cameraland. They routinely have some great clearance and demo sales on scopes and other optics. A couple years ago I got half off on a pair of Geovid binoculars and recently saved $600 on a Leica PRS scope new/demo. They sell a lot of scopes in all price ranges.

Discovery VT-3 3-12x44
10" SHORT
18.3oz LIGHT

It's FFP, and they offer it as SFP as well.
Nice diamond holdoff reticle.

Very clear, even for around $180.

10y side parallax
Sunshade and mounts incl.

I've been dialing my elevation for over 2 years now, for around 500 shots.
Locking turrets

Would buy it again.

Matthias

I see several have recommended Burris and I would agree. I ended up with a Burris scope on a Tikka T3 .243 Win on a trade that has the built-in range finder. This scope may be a little over your targeted price range but I have been impressed with the glass and quality and would consider Burris when purchasing a scope for a lower power hunting rifle. Haven't seen reports on how they hold up on some of the bigger magnums.

My Burris Fullfield 3x9 has been on a couple of my rifles and a 20 gauge slug gun but now sits on my 223. No problem to date but it's the older model. As others mentioned I also would save some money up and increase your budget. $200 more would really up the quality! Hunting season is 7 months out.

My Burris has been pretty good for a SFP(about 6-800 rnds of .223). Messing with a Monstrum FFP right now but its too soon to tell(about 200rnds of 6.5 Grendel). Good luck.

Recent Posts