Best recipes for wild turkey legs?

Crock pot/slow cooker with cream of onion soup and sliced onions with onion soup mix. Cook for a loooong time until meat falling off the bone.

I haven't personally tried it yet, but got this from a coworker. Cut rings around the leg bone down to bone then smoke the whole leg. When done the meat comes off in chunks.

Sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones. I love smoking mine with just salt and pepper. A couple of hours or longer at about 250º to 275º until the internal temp reaches about 170º. I prefer mesquite or pecan wood for this. Can't go wrong frying them also and injecting them with cajun butter like Tony Chachere's.

Boil in dry onion soup mix submerged with extra water for 2 1/2hrs....outside burner is a benefit because of condensation.....pull out & place on bbq grill with bbq sauce of choice, ......this is my favorite honker thigh recipe

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts