Best Hunting Caliber that Fits a Short Action??

7 SAUM, it's almost the perfect cartridge and has tons of good components available.
THIS,. For,.. Elk ^^^^ and, a 6.5 Creed, for,.. Deer / Antelope/ Wolves / Yotes and,. Steel Plates, as Far as, you can, See Them ,.. DONE !
And, an Antelope "Killer Supreme" to, well OVER,.. 1,500 Yards ! ( If, Lucky and / or, If, you can "Read, the Wind",.. exactly,.. "right" ! )

Last edited:
THIS,. For,.. Elk ^^^^ and, a 6.5 Creed, for,.. Deer / Antelope/ Wolves / Yotes and,. Steel Plates, as Far as, you can, See Them ,.. DONE !
And, an Antelope "Killer Supreme" to, well OVER,.. 1,500 Yards ! ( If, Lucky and / or, If, you can "Read, the Wind",.. exactly,.. "right" ! )
Had to throw that out there and start trouble, didn't ya ? 😂

IF, I could Still Walk, 5 Miles into, the knarly "Back Country" ( AND get back to, the Truck ! ) for, Elk,.
I'd build, a 7 SAUM,.. in a New York Minute !
With, a 4 X 16 Zeiss, it would Be Good for, in the Timber, CLOSE, Out to,. 1,000 yards, Using,.. 175 gr. Berger, Elite Hunters.

Last edited:
I'm building a 6.5 Creedmoor for NRL Hunter on a TL3 action. I would like one rifle that I can use for hunting and matches. Obviously 6.5 Creedmoor is not the ideal hunting cartridge. With the TL3 I can easily switch barrels, so trying to decide on a long range hunting caliber for a second barrel that will fit a short action. Looking at 6.5 PRC, 7 SS, 7 SAUM. I know short action is going to limit the performance on the 6.5 PRC and 7 SAUM. 800 yards is really my max range I would shoot hunting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
What did you decide on? My choice would be the PRC.