Berger 6.5mm 156 gr. bullets. . .where are they???

What weight and design would you like to see?

The heaviest, slickest bullet you could design that would stabilize in a 1:7.5 or 1:8. I've had great luck with your vlds but some say the hybrids tune more easily. I'll trust those who know far more than me with those decisions.

there are two issues at hand..
when they moved to Arizona, they lost a significant portion of their employees. and last I heard over a month ago, they were 4 million dollars behind in backorders.

what berger should have done, is over produce every single bullet LONG before the move, then overproduced again just to make sure. its not rocket science that for the past few years, bullet shortage has been a problem.

Not issues for me to worry about as a customer.

And really, none of my business, either.

I keep a pretty good stock of the components I use on hand at home.

Not just because I don't want to make a trip to Bruno's to pick up X or Y, living out of town like I do, but also because I learned long ago if there is a Twinkie shortage, I wanna make sure I have enough Twinkies to last me.

I like Twinkies.

You'd think more people in the gun world would do the same having been subjected to all kinds of shortages in the past, yet here we are.

I get it if folks don't want to deal with stocking up a bit, but you'd think the ones complaining would take time out of their complaint based focus, to ask themselves how they can fix the problem for themselves, because obviously, them suffering through the shortage complaining vociferously did absolutely nothing to help anyone. Doesn't even make them feel better.

Sometimes in business, **** happens.

Did I mention I like Twinkies?

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they responded by saying they will be out during the second quarter of 2019. Not sure what to believe, but the wait is frustrating.

Not just because I don't want to make a trip to Bruno's to pick up X or Y, living out of town like I do, but also because I learned long ago if there is a Twinkie shortage, I wanna make sure I have enough Twinkies to last me.

I like Twinkies.

You'd think more people in the gun world would do the same having been subjected to all kinds of shortages in the past, yet here we are.

I get it if folks don't want to deal with stocking up a bit, but you'd think the ones complaining would take time out of their complaint based focus, to ask themselves how they can fix the problem for themselves, because obviously, them suffering through the shortage complaining vociferously did absolutely nothing to help anyone. Doesn't even make them feel better.

Sometimes in business, ---- happens.

I still hoard quite a bit... But hoarding is supposed to be bad and cause shortages itself.
I understand your glee with the company moving to Arizona. But just bragging and trying to twist screws cause of your success in hoarding (excuse me "carrying a huge inventory" ) does nothing for anyone else or other companies not as fortunate.
I got caught sort of 6.5 VLDs and even waited all summer for Berger to catch up. Then I started seeing their new ammo line on the shelf before they would release bullets for reloading and it was obvious for me where their priorities were. And their priorities were not me, a long time customer.

I used another bullet and spent quite a bit spend time at the range, components, and gas working up a new load and verifying the dope etc. I'm happy with my new bullet. Not going back.
Congratulations on having Berger in AZ.

LMAO!

It's interesting you took my post as bragging, hoarding, and twisting screws.

Yep.
Why should I expect anyone to have a better take away on this? Why would I think by actually pointing out that anyone can insulate themselves somewhat from these things be any more powerful message than that person doing without for a while, or having to spend money time etc pursuing a solution in a different direction.

Good on ya for the solution to your problem.

I have a different solution.

Maybe my message wasn't for you.

Don't be bitter.

Beeman.....
"We over pay for everything in Canada. Shipping costs are crazy!"
Isnt that considered socialized medicine.....
Lol.....been that way a long time up there.....

I like Twinkies.

Sometimes in business, ---- happens.

You make valid points but there are people like me who tried one bullet (ELDx) and it didn't shoot. Then I tried the 140 VLD, and it took some tuning, by the time I knew I needed them... they were gone. That scenario leads to frustrated customers. To be honest I'm a big fan of berger they've done a lot to push the market forward. I guess I'm just greedy and want more new options and more stock.

Leaving $4 million on the table, I bet that made for some happy Norwegians.

if this was a one time problem with supply you could understand but this has been going on for 6-8 years. the hoarders were the problem during the last administration so we were told. the move probably in the works 18-24 months before it happened it was not a last minute decision and knowing the market better than we do and they couldn't plan better than that with employee sentiment about the move or what and how much to stockpile. it is not the bullet that is the problem we love those when we can find them, it is a supply issue which is a management issue that needs attention

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.