Beautiful Idaho

Sad
I lived in Idaho outside of Boise for quite a few years, I've pretty much been all over the State hunting & fishing, and driving, a beautiful State. but... got to tell you, Biose is turning into a woke, liberal dump yard, the politics there, are off the chart. Going back after 5 years it was a completely different Boise area, the rest of the State feels the same as the old days when I was there last. Just my 0.2 Cheers
but you are exactly right.

If you were to grow up in the ID Panhandle you would realize it is nothing like "the old days".
Way more poeple.
I have a Rathdrum city population sign haning on my shed from when I was a kid that says population 710.
2021 population is over 10,000 now

I live between Kooskia (pop 600) and Kamiah (pop 1200) and they've been that way for some time.
Nearest bigger towns are Grangeville upriver and Orofino downriver each with populations in the 3,000+ and each about 25-30 miles in either direction. Both those towns have more service business. Lewiston and Clarkston are the real big cities (we call it bigtown), about 75 miles away with population in the 30,000+ and big box stores. Whoopie, lol. All still a very political and financial conservative area.

Careful Rob you will have people moving in on you! (Including me) :)
I used to do a bit of racing motorcycles cross country down around Orifino and Kendrick. Always thought it was good looking country

t
The family visited Yellowstone this summer ,rented a place in Island Park. Fly fished the Madison river, drove down to Jackson Hole, and visited some of the smaller towns. Being from Florida, I was amazed at the beauty of MT, ID, and WY. We were there from 6/30 to 7/9. Having thirty degree weather in July was something else. I'm from Key West FL, so thirty degree weather is out of the picture. Currently living in Central Fl, but thirties is still to me. Was able to see deer, moose, Mt goats, pronghorn, bison, black bear, and grizzly bear. The three state area is absolutely beautiful. I check the weather daily of Island Park, and it has been way to cold for my liking. Beautiful states.
Julian

Careful Rob you will have people moving in on you! (Including me) :)
I used to do a bit of racing motorcycles cross country down around Orifino and Kendrick. Always thought it was good looking country
I know, but you are welcome if you can find a place up here reasonable enough. The home and property values have gone through the roof in the last few years. I'm lucky enough to hunt on my own small spread and nearby National Forest. (about 2 or 3 miles from my place). In the meantime when not hunting or fishing, I try to play some golf and drive my classic cars (only 6 mos out of the year though). lol

Attachments

• 20230112_113935.jpg
    20230112_113935.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Y5I3WK.gif
    Y5I3WK.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
NICE!!!...... Car. :)
Property is same up here in Rathdrum.
My oldest Son killed his first Deer, a nice buck that I called in for him a couple hundred yards behind the House my youngest killed his first another buck just a couple miles from the house and my wife and step Son both killed Elk less than a mile from the house and now all three locations have houses sitting on them.
Not to mention that my oldest Son is now 28 years old has 30 grand saved, makes 25 dollars an hour and still can't find a place affordable enough to by.
Things have changed!

Born in Boise in the 70s, grew up in Salmon, went to college in Moscow and now living in Meridian. Born here and intended to die here.

A spot my family hunted for 30 years became an overnight destination for folks from all over country. I can remember sitting 100yds off of an old jeep trail in the dark 1hr before dawn listening to the elk bugle in the bowl below me. I counted 26 atvs pass above me in the next hour. It was obvious I needed a new hunting spot. What had been an area with 3 or 4 hunting camps was overrun with 9 or 10 hunting camps. I haven't hunted that spot for 15years. Been meaning to see if the hunting pressure deteriorated.

This is also not in Idaho.

Attachments

• Elk 5x5 whaletail 2a.JPG
    Elk 5x5 whaletail 2a.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 29
Our elk population has diminished drastically over the last few years.
My last big hunt effort was 3 years ago hunting Black Mountain and the lake areas. <y wife and I hoping to take an elk to supplement our wild game table fare. But we saw NO tracks, no trails or rubs or scrapes, only the howling of wolves in the distance. We were soooo disappointed!
Now I hunt my own property only hoping that an elk herd or a few individuals will show themselves for muzzleloader season in December.