Barrel Vise Mounting options

I mounted mine to a piece of 2" square tubing that I can put in the receiver hitch on my truck for use anywhere. In my shop I just clamp the square tubing in my bench vise to hold it when I need to use it.

1727016670565.jpeg

I mounted mine to the corner of the bench so it's not in the way. You guys with vipers how do you keep it from slipping? Tried toilet paper roll. Still slips.

Hi, I was curious what other members have done to Mount their Barrel Vise? I currently have a 90in long workbench that is 28in deep. My dilemma is that I dont want to take up precious space on top of the work bench and since I will not be changing barrels often so I would prefer to not have the vise mounted on top of the bench permanently.

Has anyone done an unconventional mount such as mounting it to the side of the bench so the barrel is vertical?

Just used a standard bench vise to hold the Barrel Vise?

Or clamped the Barrel Vise to the work surface and then remove it after the job was done?

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,

Alek

View attachment 603816
I just put the barrel vise in my regular shop vise. When I'm done it goes back in the tool chest.

I have a flush mount inline fab quick change and have a Hornady LNL, Lyman All-American 8, a vise, a Lee Challenger, a bench grinder and a cut saw for converting brass. Multiple holders around my basement where I store what is not in use. Was going to mount my Viper Barrel vise on one too, but so far, holding it in my vise works. I like the idea of mounting low on bench, seen a few smiths do that.

I have a flush mount inline fab quick change and have a Hornady LNL, Lyman All-American 8, a vise, a Lee Challenger, a bench grinder and a cut saw for converting brass. Multiple holders around my basement where I store what is not in use. Was going to mount my Viper Barrel vise on one too, but so far, holding it in my vise works. I like the idea of mounting low on bench, seen a few smiths do that.
Mine is mounted on an Inline Fabrication plate. I'll post some pics later today.

Last edited:
I mounted mine to the corner of the bench so it's not in the way. You guys with vipers how do you keep it from slipping? Tried toilet paper roll. Still slips.
I have a piece of leather that I dust with a rosin bag like baseball players use. Wrap the leather around the barrel once and clamp it down. Never slips.