Barrel contouring service

RBlevins

Does anyone know of a business that offers contouring blanks that are not theirs? From what I'm finding most barreling manufactures will recontour one of their barrels but no one else's. I'm a Gunsmith and have contoured my own in the past but I just don't have that kind of time to spend on a manual lathe right now. Thanks

Bugholes would only go down 2 contour sizes the last time I talked to Russ a couple years ago. There may be a few more that will go down 2 sizes, but most shops don't want any part of it. I You may possibly find a small gunsmith shop or maybe even a machine shop that will do more than that, but don't hold your breath. As you know it's a time consuming process and can introduce stress into the barrel that can seriously affect the accuracy as the barrel heats up.

Does anyone know of a business that offers contouring blanks that are not theirs? From what I'm finding most barreling manufactures will recontour one of their barrels but no one else's. I'm a Gunsmith and have contoured my own in the past but I just don't have that kind of time to spend on a manual lathe right now. Thanks
Try LRI I had them heavily flute a barrel once that was heavier than I wanted

I'm in the same boat, need a barrel contoured to a very specific and highly unusual profile. I can not get the barrel maker to do it. Starting to think that I need to have a machine shop do it, but I'm concerned that they may not understand the importance of the crown.