$1000 binocular suggestions

Good quality optics in medium price range leupold, vortex HD or UHD you can usually find them lightly used when someone is looking to upgrade to new or higher end model for a good deal.

If you want to go straight to the top swaro and leica's would be my choice - if your really glassing distance buy a good 10x or 12x either on a budget and the other half your budget get a decent spotting scope.

Or find 18x UHD and they work great for big open country - i have a pair really cool in the right setting. Allot of options most tend to find good used bino's when upgrading to see what they like. I've gone through vortex from vipers to UHD and they are extremely good bino's my wife still uses a pair of 10x42s they are light and clear. I have leica ranging bino's most recently and a pair of 12x50 el swaros - toying with the move towards NL's. I enjoy seeing as much as I do shooting when i'm on a place with allot of game, it's worth the extra money to me the diff in quality is real. Live within your budget there will always be something new come out and someone's downgrade could be your upgrade.

Plenty of good optics info from birdwatchers, here some suggestions:

I appreciate all the replies and suggestions. I am leaning toward the Leica's. I have a zeiss scope and really like them as well. I am planning on a couple visits to try to compare these with Swarovski side by side. I found a pair of swaro locally used, so all are within my budget range. Most of my glassing is done at ranges that most any binoculars work. Last year I went on a hunt out west and really noticed the deficiencies of my old ones. Especially edge to edge with hours of glassing. My eyes are definitely more sensitive especially now wearing glasses. I realize my eyes make like one glass more than another so hopefully several sessions of side by side will tell the tell. Thanks you all for taking the time to respond

Thanks

Buck

I appreciate all the replies and suggestions. I am leaning toward the Leica's. I have a zeiss scope and really like them as well. I am planning on a couple visits to try to compare these with Swarovski side by side. I found a pair of swaro locally used, so all are within my budget range. Most of my glassing is done at ranges that most any binoculars work. Last year I went on a hunt out west and really noticed the deficiencies of my old ones. Especially edge to edge with hours of glassing. My eyes are definitely more sensitive especially now wearing glasses. I realize my eyes make like one glass more than another so hopefully several sessions of side by side will tell the tell. Thanks you all for taking the time to respond

Thanks

Buck
I have all of those and more. Love my Leica's with the range finder. Having said that, after elk season, I'm going to do a safe cleaning and launch a bunch of swaro's for sale. They're all in great shape. Going to 'boil them down' and try a couple of NLs.

Bump you limit up to $1350 and buy these. You will not be disappointed. Only thing better are the NL Pure Swarovski despite all the other suggestions.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried any optics from tract? I been looking at them and price is pretty reasonable. https://tractoptics.com/12-5x50-binoculars
Has anyone tried any optics from tract? I been looking at them and price is pretty reasonable. https://tractoptics.com/12-5x50-binoculars
My eyes just don't get along with Tract Schott HT glass and same with Leica just way too much chromatic aberration for me. But you may not mind glassing with noticeable CA if you've never looked through Alpha level glass. I just can't personally stand seeing any noticeable CA which gives me eye fatigue and strain.

The Burris Signature HD 15x56s (newest green ones not the older tan ones) were a lot better to my own eyes with way less noticeable CA for much cheaper. Amazon have an excellent risk free (FREE) 30 day return policy too.

TBH even the $219 Eyeskey 15x56 from Amazon had way less CA than the Tract Toric HTs. I actually ended up keeping the Eyeskey which is the best cheapest 15x I ever bought and honestly I initially thought Eyeskey would suck since it's a generic Chinese unknown brand but it's in fact even clearer compared to my Athlon Cronus UHD G2 15x56 (which I think may be defective after comparing them to a $219 bin).

Recent Posts