Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

Going back quite a few years, I shot my pronghorn at 450yds with a 7STW and a 162gr A-Max. I was as proud as a peacock at the time. Some guys here do some absolutely amazing things. The hunter we are all talking about sure has done one of them.

Like most of you, I wouldn't ordinarily think that a 6.5 Creed was capable of getting the job done at such a remarkable distance. We know that a .223 with 77TMK is capable, but a Creed?????

1507 yards in MT
After training level 1 and level 2 at Barbour Creek with James
Eagle Ballistics app was used for mirage wind and ballisticsView attachment 603067

We could talk ethics all day, but the shooter knew his rifle, the conditions and proper dope. What I want to see is the bullet, did you find it? If so, please post a pic.

IMHO, it's not something I'd do, and against my self imposed limits, even if there was a world class animal at the other end. Clearly his gear and limitations are beyond mine, and that's fine. Great job! It also illustrates a truth some of us forget, if you get a piece of lead moving fast enough and hit the mark on an animal, it dies. I still wanna see the bullet, then you can evaluate the risk, all other things being equal.

This is off of the Crow Reservation Web Site!
ANTELOPE PERMIT – GUIDE REQUIRED
Montana and Non Resident – Doe $75/Buck $200
Crow Tribal Member - $0 – No Fee
(Archery: Aug. 15 – Nov. 15)
(General: Sept. 1- Nov. 15)
I don't think I've ever seen a live animal on that Indian reservation. That might be the real story here. I used to drive through the Crow reservation on a regular regular basis when I was younger.

Enjoy the video
Dont bother yourself with folks who don't believe or hate. What does it matter on a negative comment or opinion does not bother me,
They would hate if they new my long shots🤣 I know what my students can do!
Like the 12 or 14 year old girl (can't remember ) hitting the golfball at 1000 yards on film and so on.

Have fun and ignore the negative.

We are all supposed to be on the same side!

Last edited:
Enjoy the video
Dont bother yourself with folks who don't believe or hate. What does it matter on a negative comment or opinion does not bother me,
They would hate if they new my long shots🤣 I know what my students can do!
Like the 12 year old girl hitting the golfball at 1000 yards on film and so on.

Have fun and ignore the negative.

We are all supposed to be on the same side!

Strong work, great instruction. Thanks for all you do for our sport.