Athlon Cronus BTR Scope

Bergara. Topped with a Cronus.

Attachments

• 20180909_132335.jpg
    20180909_132335.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 259
Thanks for the pics so far. I am looking to replace two of my last MOA scopes (a pair of Sightron SIIIs) with MIL scopes, so maybe an Cronus is worth a try.

Now, how's the eye relief and how forgiving is the eye box? Leupold scopes are about the best I've used in that department and NF is one of the worst. It's no easy task for a scope to earn it's way onto my beloved 284 Win Specialty Pistol, but I'm always looking for other options. The hard part is finding a scope with the right "scale" to look right on there and forgiving eye relief. It's worn a couple of Sightrons, a few VX-3s, 2 different Mk4s, a NF NXS and an ATACR before I settled on a Premier Reticles converted VX-3 LR. Nothing but the best mid-tier, third party modified optics for my baby.:D

I heard a rumor that Hammer Bullets was going to start selling Athlon optics, and now I'm kicking around the idea of getting one to play with. My experience with them is pretty limited so I wouldn't mind hearing everyone's thoughts on these. I don't know that I actually need another scope, but I guess a new scope would be a good reason to build a new gun maybe?

Maybe I need to just add one to my next bullet order.... :D

I'm in the process right now of trying to get a special one time pricing for our customers on this initial order. So if anyone is considering a new scope, spotter, or binos this will be a great opportunity to get some exceptional glass at a great price. Leery me know what you are interested in and I'll get you a price and put you on this initial order.

I think Athlon is a great optics manufacture that is serious about making a heavy mark in the industry.
https://athlonoptics.com/
Ares Btr 4.5 x 15. Mos. Go ir
Maroon is $900
A price on this would be fantastic Or perhaps a % off for a group deal.
Thanks

I have three of their scopes with one more expected next Tuesday.

I don't have a big gun budget to play with, but their lower level scopes are several steps above scopes at the same price point.

A buddy just bought the Cronus to replace a high end Ziess...he said it was a huge improvement!

I've looked through it and it's nice...spun the dials too. It's pretty sweet no doubt.

How about some of their other optics, like the binos or spotter?

For years I used a Mk4 spotter with a TMR reticle in it for my LR shooting, but ended up selling it after I bought a Swaro ATS 65 HD. While the Swaro is great optically I still miss having a reticle in the spotter for when I'm out "rock hunting" while practicing. There are those days when I'd give up a little optical performance just to have a good reticle in my spotter. I saw that the Cronus spotter has an available reticle, which makes it one of only a few spotters available with a FFP reticle. I don't want a spotter with a reticle bad enough to fork over the $4K for a Swaro STR 80 so maybe the Athlon spotter is worth a look.

It sounds like everyone is very happy with how the Athlon scopes are working out so I would imagine that their top end glass would carry over to the binos and spotter too. The MSRP on the spotter is about $1200, so if the glass on the Cronus line is as good as it sounds that would be a steal.

We brought in the 50 mm Cronus spotter for a friend that was heading on a sheep hunt. He didn't end up taking it just because of the ground he was hunting, but we kept it around for awhile in case anyone wanted to use it. The glass in that spotter was very clear and great edge to edge, weighed next to nothing. The one thing I didn't like was the eye box, it was pretty tight. But that seems to be the case on most small form spotters I've been around. I looked through the bigger spotter at SHOT last year and it looked great, the eye box was much better. I just can't honestly comment on clarity since I only looked through it indoors for about 10 minutes.

I have been around their binos quite a bit. I got a pair of 10x42 Cronus a few years ago to compare against my Razors and run right with them. They are very clear, no eye fatigue for me at all, my wife has now commandeered them as her own. They finally came out with some higher power models in the Cronus line, but I haven't had a chance to look through them.

The ones that really impressed me is the Midas line of binos. They are ridiculously clear for the money. They are a pretty easy sell once someone looks through the and then starts comparing price points.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.