Arken Optics (Beware)

mountainman56

Arken optics appears to be having some sort of shipping/stocking/receiving problem that they are turning over to their customers with no explanation whatsoever. I ordered an EP-5 on December 7th. At that time I was told there was a 2 week lead time. Two weeks ago I tried to call them to get an update on the status. Phone call goes straight to voicemail and instructs you to send an email. Email got no response for a week then was told my item had shipped. That was on December 19th. Still no item (tracking number still says label created) and I get two day delivery from Houston. Now I get absolutely no response to email. My wife got on facebook and the complaints about the same are far and wide. This is supposed to be a veteran run company. Never in my life have I been treated this way by a veteran. The hands down worst customer service I have ever seen. It's too bad because they seem to have a popular quality product. I see they are now advertising 25% off. BEWARE. Come Monday I will be reporting this to my credit card company and contacting the AG.

Can't speak to their scopes, but I had Arken 34mm Aluminum rings that came with soft weak ring screws and later the ring itself broke! That should never happen.

Arken optics appears to be having some sort of shipping/stocking/receiving problem that they are turning over to their customers with no explanation whatsoever. I ordered an EP-5 on December 7th. At that time I was told there was a 2 week lead time. Two weeks ago I tried to call them to get an update on the status. Phone call goes straight to voicemail and instructs you to send an email. Email got no response for a week then was told my item had shipped. That was on December 19th. Still no item (tracking number still says label created) and I get two day delivery from Houston. Now I get absolutely no response to email. My wife got on facebook and the complaints about the same are far and wide. This is supposed to be a veteran run company. Never in my life have I been treated this way by a veteran. The hands down worst customer service I have ever seen. It's too bad because they seem to have a popular quality product. I see they are now advertising 25% off. BEWARE. Come Monday I will be reporting this to my credit card company and contacting the AG.
They had carrier issues and switched from USPS to UPS. I got a notification about it, and on their site, they will also be at the SHOT show.

I am in no way making excuses for Arken, but do what you must,

The two glaring issues I see from discussions is 1) don't charge CC until you ship, taking money for months without product is not acceptable in my book. These are not back orders, they are in stock items. 2) communication will either save or sink a company. They are taking on water fast. How difficult is it to call UPS we have a pickup? Smoke = fire IMO.

I hate to hear this, II really like the EP5, in terms of tracking and glass is good for the price point. Let's hope this is just a overwhelming response to black Friday and Christmas sales, the concern is the lack of communication, that is unacceptable from any vendor or retailer. Excellent products are one thing, but service is what sets you apart.

I hate to hear this, II really like the EP5, in terms of tracking and glass is good for the price point. Let's hope this is just a overwhelming response to black Friday and Christmas sales, the concern is the lack of communication, that is unacceptable from any vendor or retailer. Excellent products are one thing, but service is what sets you apart.
No kidding, I was really wanting to order a EP4 😞

Got caught up at work today and forgot to contact credit card company or contact the AG. I don' t care what kind of shipping troubles they may or may not be having. There's no excuse for not answering the phone or responding to email inquiries. It's now been 11 days since they told me it shipped...........the 2nd time.

Seems like there are tons of positive "professional" reviews on Arken products, but when you dig into forums, reddit, and comments....there are plenty of unsatisfied customers. They just don't have a mic to spread their message.

Personally, I limit expectations whenever I'm purchasing anything made in China, regardless of who I'm buying it from.