Are people liking the Strike Eagle 3-18

I have two of the 5-25 on range rifles. I like the feel of the turrets and they return to zero every time so far.

I have a couple of them, and they are well suited for the purpose I am using them. The feature set is good, and the optics quality is 'sufficient' for short to moderate (500 yds) ranges. In perfect conditions, it would be fine for longer ranges, but most of my rifles that I shoot longer than 500 yds, regularly, I upgraded the scopes to be on par with the rifle.

I have mine on a Bergara HMR 22lr. The large range of dial and the great reticle make it suitable for this rifle.
The other one is on a AR10 308. Again, well suited for out to 500 yds.

I'm a firearms instructor for the past 18 years and I have a large selection of weapons systems that we employ for training.

The majority of them are Vortex Razor Gen II and Gen III with a sprinkling of Nightforce, Mk5 & MK 6 and a few Bushnell Tactical Elite for comparison, on top of mostly custom built bolt guns in 6CM 6.5 PRC 308 and 300RUM 338 Lap. , however recently we have grown a new segment in gas guns in 6 ARC, 6CM and 308 for medium range and we tried a half dozen of the SE3-18 and the results have exceeded expectations and enjoyed very strong reviews from students and we run them on the 5-600 yard distance. The only regret is the Made in china origin. Hope Vortex can com up with an alternative point of origin.

This scope caught my eye, just checking if anyone had first hand experience with it.
I bought one a cpl yrs ago in 3-18
This scope caught my eye, just checking if anyone had first hand experience with it.
I bought one a cpl yrs ago. Then I realized how stupid it was to buy a MOA tree reticle in SFP. That makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop. The adj power dial was very tight, way too tight & the turrets were just as tight. Both were really hard to turn.
I sent the scope to Vortex & they were going to send it back, having seen nothing wrong with it, but thankfully their field testing guts saw the same thing as I did & they sent me another scope.
Kudos to them for that.
But I was just not impressed with it & sold it.

I have the 5-25 based on the recommendation of a friend in our agency whom is very experienced and whom I hunt with. He has the Razor GenII and bought a Strike Eagle. He likes the Strike Eagle just as well for a practical hunting scope that doesn't weigh like a brick. I like the Strike Eagle especially since Vortex had a crazy sale a few years ago and I only paid $450 for it. I also have a Athlon Aries ETR 3-18 which is a little better but very comparable to the Strike Eagle. I found it on sale for $450 a few months ago.

I bought one when they first came. There was an unforgivable amount of slop in the elevation turret so I sent it in to be fixed. The optic came back a week later and the slop was still there so I sold it.
The form factor of the scope was great, I loved the size, glass was passable, and reticle was good. If they have improved the turrets I would consider buying another one.

My brother bought the new SE 3-18, it's great, way better (clearer) than the Arken, but not quite as good as my Sig Tango 6. The reticle is good but the lines are a little fat, witch can be good if your eyes strain to see the finer reticles in FFP scopes on the lower powers

I bought one a cpl yrs ago in 3-18

I bought one a cpl yrs ago. Then I realized how stupid it was to buy a MOA tree reticle in SFP. That makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop. The adj power dial was very tight, way too tight & the turrets were just as tight. Both were really hard to turn.
I sent the scope to Vortex & they were going to send it back, having seen nothing wrong with it, but thankfully their field testing guts saw the same thing as I did & they sent me another scope.
Kudos to them for that.
But I was just not impressed with it & sold it.
SFP?
I bought one of the early 3-18×44 Strike Eagle about 4 years ago maybe (the discontinued version) on clearance and it was FFP. I paid $450 for it. I didn't realize they made a SFP version of the Strike Eagle?

I was very happy with the purchase at the price point I paid. I don't think it has been shot much (if at all), as it was for my older daughter's deer rifle, and they haven't had a deer tag since then.

One of two Strike Eagle 5-25 with EBR-2C reticles is mounted on a CZ457 in 22LR with 50 (actual 47) moa by 30moa rail/20 moa Burris XTR. Without zero stops it dials to 500 yards from a 25 or 50 yard zero & beyond with dial & holdover. The other SE is on a 308 gas gun and does its job. Also have VT Diamondback Tactical 4-16s on 2 training RPRRs and for price point are surprisingly good. An Athlon Argos (the reticles are for young eyes) on a Tikka 22LR. An Arken ES 5-25 FFP on another 22LR. The Arken is a heavy beast but functions nicely.
I find the forementioned scopes to be relatively equal, am pleased with all and the Christmas tree / EBR-2C reticles add versatility for windage training and correlation to windage dial settings, most especially with 22Long rifle and quality ammo.
I do not perceive my Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25 on a 6.5CR, at more than double the price of my Strike Eagles to be any clearer, sharper, or better.

The scope checks a lot of boxes, a lot of value. I just listed one FS in the classifieds in optics section. It's LNIB. Did some testing out to 775 yards w/ semi-target rifle 6.5 creedmoor. Both dialing & using reticle on 18x. Good results w/both.
Thinning down, getting older, concentrating on some hunts instead of multi-sticks.
Glass is good, the adjustment is off the chart, like full illumination. Hard to beat.

SFP?
I bought one of the early 3-18×44 Strike Eagle about 4 years ago maybe (the discontinued version) on clearance and it was FFP. I paid $450 for it. I didn't realize they made a SFP version of the Strike Eagle?

Yes, Vortex ran a limited distribution of the first gen Strike Eagles with SFP. I've been looking for either the 3-18 or 4-24 to give to my father-in-law for his PA deer rifle.

SFP Strike Eagles

I have a 5-25x56 Strike Eagle on my 308 and it works well. Turrets are nice and solid for the price point. It's not as clear as better scopes past 500-600 yards but it was also $550 when I bought it so I'm not complaining.