Archery Season starts ....

FEENIX

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] today in MT. Good luck to all in their pursuit of a fine harvest of good eats.
icon_smile_approve.gif

Unfortunately, I am out of town doing the "family thingy" and will have to wait to get my fix when I get home.

Ed
[/FONT]

I've just gotta get though some Labor Day rodeo stuff then Monday I'm on Elk!!! Maybe even Sunday night, if I can pull it of.

Yes, Good Luck to all! But please respect the private land. First thing this morning we already had some guys on the ranch. They were polite , but I hate to see hunters get tickets because they " Thought they were on public access ground"

Good hunting to all!

Jeff

Hows this for an opening weekend?Next week its 8 days of bull hunting,lets hope the rut kicks into high gear!Remember there are still plenty of land owners that allow some hunters in,knock on some doors and introduce yourselves,many will let you in even though the land is posted,they dont all outfit.
12010bowbuck.jpg

Jeff if you didnt have tresspassers to chase what would you do all fall?

Anyone have any luck elk hunting? I have been out a few times...nothing is bugling except the road hunters (makes me really mad). Had a little fun with that one bugling back from bout a 1/2 mile from the road on my way out...he got all excited when I bugled back got the spotter out then I walked out from behind the tree...But I have got into elk had two cows at 40 yards...but rut hasnt fully kicked in around Butte.

Got this one 9/6 monday morning, had seen some bulls in this area two weeks before. He came in quiet as a mouse, broadside, 15 yards, slick-trick through both lungs, he only went about 60 yards and piled up. I'm second from left, awesome to have my dad and two brothers with me that day. Opening morning we got in on a trophy 6x6, had him at twenty yards but he didn't offer a shot. He was bugling up a storm.
2010archeryelk004.jpg

One of our crew put a bull down an hour into the season :rolleyes: About a 280 class, we had a second on come that was a little over 300 but his buddy had already got an arrow! The bulls were going crazy and pushing cows hard in that area, hunted the other side of the mountain and nothing, flat nothing at all. They are high, we're in the rock slides and snow!!

Congrads to the guys who tagged one already!:D

Nice shooting! Our season starts next saturday here in Wisconsin. Nothing as big as the elk, but a few nice whitetails have been spotted and I do have a fall turkey tag :)

dont know if the pic worked but filled my tag on the 15th. Not much bugling but this 6x6 came silent down an old logging road. Made it another 80 yards after the shot.

Pic didnt work...I havent had much talking either. But I have had two bulls at 100 yards and couldnt get them closer. Hopefully after this new moon theyll start firing up.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.