ARCA Rail

Greengt88

Could use some advice on ARCA rails.
Would like to attach it to a Boyd's Laminate stock for use on a tripod.
I'm undecided on which tripod if that's a factor.
Thinking of using a 3-6" section of rail.
Unsure which rail and best way to attach it.
Rifle is a Savage 11 with Blind mag.
Pics and advice would be greatly appreciated

You can go with any rail - I'd look at Salmon River Solution (SRS) or Area 419 for a rail. To attach, you'll need to drill hole in the stock to install and epoxy in some T nuts (same as if you were installing new sling studs basically). Then install the rail.

Check out the video to see what I mean - the video shows a pic rail install, but it's literally the same for an ARCA. If I were you, I would install closer to the action to balance better, rather than farther out on the fore end.

Does anyone make a rail that can mount to the sling studs ? Stock has two up front .
What is the spacing between the studs? Once you know that, you can see which rail would fit.

Personally, I want a rail closer to the action as you'll be much more stable when shooting off a tripod compared to way out towards the muzzle.

3 " center to center . The stock is a Mcmillan A5 tactical . If I had known better I would have ordered the gun and stock with the rail to begin with .

A rail is a more solid connection for a tripod but I wouldn't want an ARCA rail out front. That's a good place for a bipod. You seem hesitant to drill the stock and are undetermined on the tripod so you may consider just getting a tripod with a rifle clamp. Fits anything and unless you're needing ultimate precision it could do the job.
BOG carbon fiber is decent on the cheap end. Field Optics Research on the high end.

Recent Posts