Absolute hammer accuracy out to 500 yards

Not sure if this helps put I'd did 7mm rem mag load work up and helped get the turret info for a huskemah scope and it hits everything out to 500 meters and 6" is the furthest we shot it. Just double the g7 + velocity worked fine or ask hammer. The 116 absolute in 2 different 270 wsms is extremely accurate to 500 meters

Not sure if this helps put I'd did 7mm rem mag load work up and helped get the turret info for a huskemah scope and it hits everything out to 500 meters and 6" is the furthest we shot it. Just double the g7 + velocity worked fine or ask hammer. The 116 absolute in 2 different 270 wsms is extremely accurate to 500 meters
What speed and barrel twist?

I believe the 7mm was 1-11. It's an older rifle of a friend's. I believe I still have the information written down if you really want it. Not sure what your goal is but hammer bullets are extremely easy to tune so if you're curious, a box of 50 and a good powder will get you to 500 easily with a decent rifle

Didn't use the absolutes in the 7mm. Cant remember which one. In both the 270's, a brown medallion and an older savage ( not sure model) the browning was hitting a 3" gong at 500 meters (545 yards) and we shot the savage out to 600 in about 8" in some wind and mirage. The savage is a buddy's and he, his son and grandson have killed mule deer every year with it since I did the load work up for him. It's crazy how effective those little bullets are

Looking for actual accuracy of absolute hammers out to 500+ yards.

Please don't derail thread and stay on track.

Thanks
John

That is 3 rounds at 500 yards laying prone on a hunting pack with a rear bag.

128gr Hammer Hunters in my 257 weatherby mag.

Attachments

• 20221230_095300.jpg
    20221230_095300.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 24

Recent Posts