APS 375 Raptor

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Finished load development today on a customers rifle. This was one of my old Raptor builds that came back to the shop with the owner wanting a power upgrade. His original rifle was one of my Raptor Hunter single shot rifles (Back before i had my Stalker Hunter model) chambered in 338 Lapua Mag with a 28" sendero contour barrel. Think he was getting around 2850 fps with the 300 gr berger.

Being a single shot already, we decided on my relatively new 375 Raptor for what he wanted to do with the rifle. This is the third member of my Raptor line of wildcats designed around my unique case design which is basically a significantly stretched 338 lapua case. Same diameter but with a 3.050-3.080" case length depending on caliber.

Basically splits the difference between the capacity of my lapua based wildcats and my huge Cheytac class line of wildcats.

3CD348A2-85E8-4634-8249-218D1BEF0EBE.jpeg

Little guy on the left is the 338 Lapua Mag. On the right is my 375 Raptor with the 375 gr CE Lazer seated.

Using RL33 or VV570, we are getting +3000 fps with this weight class projo. This is a relatively light rifle for this power class so recoil, while not severe, is noticable. This barrel we used is a 30" Bartlein 8 twist. Enough twist to handle the 425 gr Lazer. That said, not sure if recoil in this class of rifle weight is something we want to deal with or if there would be any ballistic advantage. The 400 gr Lazer would be interesting though. Estimate we would easily push the 2925-2950 fps range with the 400 gr.

This all out of a receiver with a slightly modified Rem 700 footprint in my Raptor receiver. Now, this is not your typical rem 700 class receiver and only recommend my Raptors chamberings in my Raptor single shot receivers. With these rounds OAL, 4.615" for this round, no option for a repeater in this class receiver. Yes you could in a chey tac class receiver but then it makes no sense to not step up to my 375 Allen Mag.

This is about the most power you can fit into a rem 700 class rifle, again, very specific receivers. Will not chamber this or any of my Raptors in a factory rem 700 so no need to ask!! 😳😁

Will post a report on accuracy performance soon. Just finished load development. These Raptor chamberings will only be offered in my Raptor LRSS and soon to be released Raptor SS (Super Sporter) rifle models and again, only as single shots.

Actually my Raptor chamberings were out well before that one you mentioned….
I had a feeling that might be the case. I wasn't sure who came first, I just wanted to clear any confusion.

Anyway, when did you start working on your raptor chamberings? I only just found out about them.

Oh yeh, clear as mud now LOL

In a light rifle definitely not the type of cartridge you want to be crowding the scope on when you set it off. Ouch!?!

Oh yeh, clear as mud now LOL

In a light rifle definitely not the type of cartridge you want to be crowding the scope on when you set it off. Ouch!?!
Yup...it is right up there with the .280 Ackley Improved. It took me six months to figure out the difference between the .280 Ackley Improved and the "original" .280 Ackley Improved. I guess that I am a little slow?? I finally figured that Nosler developed and SAAMI approved their own version of the cartridge to make it a proprietary cartridge so they could sell their own products. When I read this post I too thought that there was some load data out there that I could use for my .375 Raptor. I did not realize that there was a "RAPTOR" line of cartridges out there before the .308 version of the Raptor came out.