Anyone been shooting

I was going to try and shoot a pistol match for the first time in some 16 years. But some close friends are going to show up the day before the match so I'll load ammo for next month's match. Hopefully the heat wave we're having will be gone.

i've been once this year out on my property. before that i hadnt been out there since december to deer hunt. it's so overgrown and covered with poison ivy that i couldnt even get back to my range. archery seasons starts in less than 2 months, so i need to get out there and get it cleared out. then i can shoot more.

You guys are fortunate. The nearest public range to me is 30 minutes, and the nearest private range is 1 hour+. I practically have no choice.
Yup...nearest 300 yard range is 100 yards from my door....so been doing some shooting on paper and steel. This weekend I will start on the gophers!☺️

Went out last Wednesday for the first time this year to break in my Ruger PR 338LM. Shot it 39 times before the firing pin backed out of the bolt. The bolt shroud fell off and the firing pin fell out of the bolt while ejecting a spent round. The rifle shot great but this got me worried. On the Ruger forum. I'm not the first one to have this happened to them.

Went out last Wednesday for the first time this year to break in my Ruger PR 338LM. Shot it 39 times before the firing pin backed out of the bolt. The bolt shroud fell off and the firing pin fell out of the bolt while ejecting a spent round. The rifle shot great but this got me worried. On the Ruger forum. I'm not the first one to have this happened to them.
Wow that doesn't sound good, good luck with it

Thumbs up is good, but tell me if your shooting
Nope; stage 2 fire restrictions closed our little range. Dry as a bone and temps in the nineties to low 100s. Bummer! I only have my 300WM load tested and sighted in to 200 yards. Have 5 other rifles to do pressure and velocity tests on; have pretty much gone to all monolithics (love me some Hammers!). I load differently than most and can do my above mentioned "tests" at home with my Magnetospeed, a micrometer, and a magnifying glass to carefully study brass bases. BUT, I want to do some real shooting, do the necessary tweaking and get the heck off the bench! Weatherman says it ain't gonna change for the foreseeable future.... MTGEEZER

I got a new to me 14 inch contender barrel in 6mm TCU about a month ago. I've been working up loads. I would like to find some 87 grain vmax before deer season.

Built my own range out my back door to 850 for stationary steel targets and can go out to 1,200 after harvest. Have all ranges to 850 with AR500 plates. Can do load development and shoot 20 feet from my bench. Walked it yesterday and it is way to dry to be shooting right now though 😕

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956.5 KB · Views: 117