Any motorsickle riders on LRH?

MtPockets

Seeing all the bikes headed to/from Sturgis got me wondering if there are any other riders here? Anybody making the trip to Sturgis?

My bike has been down an embarrassingly long time but going to attempt to get it back on the road yet this year.
It's an '81 Wide Glide. Basically stock- S&S carb, B grind cam and cheap Cycle Shack pipes.
Coolest thing is the foot clutch/hand shift. Love that setup!

Anyone else got a bike?

Yes I ride. Been on motorcycles since I was 12, 67 now, so about 55 years. Currently have 3 BMW's and a Victory. Been to Sturgis, just not during bike week. Been to Daytona during bike week several times and other rallies such as Americade though. Of all the bikes I have driven, never a foot clutch hand shift.

Yes I ride. Been on motorcycles since I was 12, 67 now, so about 55 years. Currently have 3 BMW's and a Victory. Been to Sturgis, just not during bike week. Been to Daytona during bike week several times and other rallies such as Americade though. Of all the bikes I have driven, never a foot clutch hand shift.
Hydraulic foot clutch ( suicide clutch) and jockey shift'--- but I'm betting I got the award for most unique --- got a right side internal cable twist throttle ( pretty normal)--- but also got a left side internal cable twist front brake ---- do I gots no levers on my scoot---- ( also have back lit gauges Un my mirrors ( so when bike is off- no visible gauges)--- and a centrifugal clutch so I really don't need to worry about the suicide clutch problems.

technically it's a '75 police bike ( shovel head)--- but it no longer looks or rides like one after all my mods ( it's just over 10' long now)I've posted pics before but here are a few again --- built it all myself except the hand tooled leather seat cover 20230107_124358.jpg20230107_125653.jpg20230107_124647.jpg

Attachments

• 20230107_124647.jpg
    20230107_124647.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 24
Ok, here's one that frys my bacon.

String after string of "bikers" going through for about 3 weeks, often more - to and from Sturgis.

All the riders on the left side of the group hugging the yellow center line. Their left handlebar grip literally in the other lane sometimes.

Looks to me like they want to get to heaven faster.

My bike from about 10 years ago . Full custom chopper. 96 cubic inch motor with sputh cases and s@s top end . Had a Andrew's e51 cam and high compression pistons . The heads were worked over and had releases added . Ran a bdl open belt drive. The Pic is right before I sold it . Dr said my back couldn't take the beating. I want another but need a softer ride maybe a road king . I don't want a two wheel car just a bike . No radio any of the other stuff . Just something to ride and enjoy.

Attachments

• 20240812_014810.jpg
    20240812_014810.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 29