What’s Going On At LRH??

Wow didn't see this coming from you. understood.
Evidently this is being taken way more derogatory than it is meant to be. I apologize for making this post. The comparison was being made between lro and lrh in the setting that lrh is too commercial. It was stated "lro enough said", as if it was not a commercial site. At least that was how I had read the thread to that point.

I'm good at picking a fight when I want to, but this not the case here. Don't read too much into it.

I am sorry to who ever I disappointed.

Steve

I don't follow scores so it's a question as much as a statement, while "records" haven't changed much the consistency has improved, and the proof may be less in the records, but in how the field and/or top tier players are performing.

This is true, no doubt there are more shooters shooting smaller groups more consistantly than in the past.
But, is the reason for that much better guns, scopes, and shooters?
Or is it a better grasp on loading quality ammo, and
improved shooting techniques?
Including $1500 front rests.
And despite all that, do even the very best shooters
have a preference as to time of day they shoot?

I use the classifieds. I met a friend here on LRH. I have bought 12 guns from him for myself and friends.Only 3 were listed in the classifieds. I also have sold items for friends to help them up grade their optics and rifles.
I also have learned alot from the folks here on LRH. I have private messaged ShortGrass, JE Custom, and Bigreen and they have truly been awesome replying to my questions.
I am working on my 9th custom gun build so I will continue to use the classifieds. So I blame the classifieds. :):D:rolleyes:

Evidently this is being taken way more derogatory than it is meant to be. I apologize for making this post. The comparison was being made between lro and lrh in the setting that lrh is too commercial. It was stated "lro enough said", as if it was not a commercial site. At least that was how I had read the thread to that point.

I'm good at picking a fight when I want to, but this not the case here. Don't read too much into it.

I am sorry to who ever I disappointed.

Steve

Steve. I did not take the comment bad. Just did not feel the need to respond. Its hard to read body Language over the web! :D and things get out of hand fast because of that. ;)

The post I made was more of. You do not see far sale adds all the time. And here of late it seems like I read more relevant post that stay on topic there more then here. A part of that could be because this forum has more members. So you get more opinions whether right or wrong.

I have nothing against this Forum. After all I post here more then there. Sorry If I offended anyone by the comment I made.

David

That's what happens when your "hunting" site is more about equipment than hunting related activities. Wait a year and a half to get a custom rifle. Work up a load in 60 shots and now your bored with it cause it shoots in the 2's "all day long" yet not a scratch on it from a slip while side-hilling. Since their boots are as clean as their guns, it only stands to reason. Glamour shots of rifles next to fancy cars and swimming pools but nobody's bragging about how beat up and worn in their boots got during a summer of scouting.

I've trained my eyes to ignore the "For Sale" listings.

I scout for deer and elk almost every weekend during off season for myself. Except when I go coyote hunting or cougar calling. I am up on the mountain almost every weekend during the year. Last weekend I went spring bear hunting. After I got done I shot my 7 and 300 Rem custom ultra mags, and my custom 6.5x284 at 608 yds. This Saturday I went bear hunting and after we were done I shot my factory Rem 375 ultra mag at 445 yds and custom Rem 338 ultra mag. 2 weeks ago after I went for a hike up on the mountain, for 2 1/2 hrs. After I was done I shot my custom Rem 300 ultra mag and and custom Rem 270 WSM at 608 yds.
The last 3 weeks I haven't seen a bear. But I have seen well over 130 elk and around 20 deer
I don't post pictures of my group size or guns. And I don't have a swimming pool. :(
My Corvette is in my gun room and gun safe.LOL
Guns, Optics, Bullets, Powder, Primers. Reloading equipment. Camo clothing in the closet.
Fuel money and Copenhagen to get me up on the mountain.:)
Mike 338 you are welcome to get your boots dirty with me. :) My Lowa's do get dirty. Some places you might need your caulk boots.:D
If you have a cure for my gun addiction let me know? I have to look at the classifieds. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Don't need a corvette, but I sure could use a camo Polaris General side by side. For coyote hunting only. I hunt coyotes on 68,000 acres of deeded ground in Eastern Oregon. That's a lot of walking from my pickup.
Thanks Len for a great site and the for the folks that contribute to it. Todd

Last edited:
I love this site and I have met some **** fine people which I text with on a regular basis. I never pay attention to the amount of classifieds I just go straight to the forums that interest me. Many are just like me on here and we go through rifles and scopes like changing clothes. Not to hunt with but because of our love for shooting and reloading. I love to reload as much as I like to shoot so I love load chasing and then when I get there I move on to the next caliber. I love to hunt also but I live in NM and put in for all quality hunts so the odds of getting an awesome tag every year is very slim but I can always rely on my shooting hobby to keep me occupied. I love the classifieds and I would much rather sale or trade or buy from fellow members. However, if you look at a majority of the classified postings there are a good percentage that are people with less than 100 posts and have been a member less than 6 months. Is that an issue? Well perhaps but you have to remember even to the members with thousands of posts, they all started somewhere and more than likely just like our new guys here. I personally don't see an issue with the classifieds but I can see and respect others peoples perspective. I think if there were a posting rule meaning can't post in classifieds unless you meet a 100 posts in technical forums it could perhaps help with the number of drifters that simply post in the classifieds. Not only that but I think by the time the members make 100 post and have stuck around that long to do so that they can be trusted a little more when they do decide to sale stuff. I look forward everyday to reading the new posts and absolutely love this site cause I know if I run into a problem with something or I am looking for something I can make a post and within an hour got a little help from one of the LRH family members. Thanks Len and also thanks to all the members that keep this site ticking with their forum posts everyday!

Read/posted here for a while myself and really miss some of those who've left.

I understand why - there is always someone who "shouts" loudest and longest (with insufficient experience for the topic at hand) and others just get tired of it. Same loud voices in most of the discussions. Just not for me...

I don't really notice the classifieds as i work in ministry (despite my occasional misstep!) so don't look at what's outside my budget (it takes a while to save up hobby funds). Previous to this i had a much larger disposable income and had all the reloading gear i wanted and a 'few' very good long-range sticks as well - that's where my experience comes from - nothing current...but LRH is in my blood and i (used to) enjoy the conversations.

I had registered at LRO and noticed a lot of familiar personas, but the sheer volume of info here at LRH is truly a treasure.

So, yeah i don't post here much anymore.

Read/posted here for a while myself and really miss some of those who've left.

I understand why - there is always someone who "shouts" loudest and longest (with insufficient experience for the topic at hand) and others just get tired of it. Same loud voices in most of the discussions. Just not for me...

I don't really notice the classifieds as i work in ministry (despite my occasional misstep!) so don't look at what's outside my budget (it takes a while to save up hobby funds). Previous to this i had a much larger disposable income and had all the reloading gear i wanted and a 'few' very good long-range sticks as well - that's where my experience comes from - nothing current...but LRH is in my blood and i (used to) enjoy the conversations.

I had registered at LRO and noticed a lot of familiar personas, but the sheer volume of info here at LRH is truly a treasure.

So, yeah i don't post here much anymore.

There's differences of opinion in every congregation reverend, and it's not always due to lack of knowledge or experience. Sometimes people are (called) to greener pastures, and their not always missed by the entire congregation.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts