And here you go!

Man the 30-378 and the 338-378 Weatherby has been pretty effective over the years along with the 270 over the years. I'm only a small sample size, but of the 23 bulls I've shot, I've never had one die out of my sight and have never shot one twice.

Why do you need a 15 lb. portable canon that shoots artillery shells to kill an elk? (I've killed two with a plain jane Remington .30-'06, and they were RND.)

While that is certainly not a rifle (15 pounds) that I'd consider hunting with, that's what some choose.

It's never about what's needed…..it's about what's wanted! 😉 memtb

While that is certainly not a rifle (15 pounds) that I'd consider hunting with, that's what some choose.

It's never about what's needed…..it's about what's wanted! 😉 memtb
And if i might add to that comment, sometime sit down at a portable shooting bench and shoot at a target at 1000 yds or more with a 10 pound gun.
Then shoot at the same target with a 15 pound gun using the same cartridge.
Wanna bet on which one you will like best?
Remember, these things arent being carried around slung over your shoulder all day by the people who use them.
But if thats your hunting style, then use whatever suits you best.

Mine is packed all day.
It's why I made a 10 pound (usable, accurate) rig.
Yes it's my style

Now that's a lot closer to my description of a "hunting" rifle.

It may kick a little…..but, I suspect it's pretty tolerable. Have you calculated the actual recoil……I'm curious, and would like to compare to my rifle/cartridge. Thanks, memtb

Why do you need a 15 lb. portable canon that shoots artillery shells to kill an elk? (I've killed two with a plain jane Remington .30-'06, and they were RND.)
My wife has asked me a version of that question countless times. My answer is always the same. If you have to ask the question, you won't understand the answer.

I think id like to pace that distance off if you dont mind. lol
As long as your in the Mood to Pace ..here ya go ! Lol
My Heart Dr. Told me to walk as much as possible! I would love to join you ! 😎
20210411_105321.jpg

Rum Man

Recent Posts