And here you go!

One question. What will a hard to find, no factory options available, cartridge do that my .338 Winchester Magnum won't? Scarce components, shortage of primers and powders, buying a new set of dies, and expending time and effort for load development all say to me that this is something I don't need, when I already have an effective and easy-to-load for rifle.

I will confess that the Edge was a killer. It started me down the road of thinking about and the building a more packable rig. Then Came the 338 Norma mag. My mind instantly went to that cartridge.
Now 15 years later the edge is gone and replaced by the 338 rbh (338 nmi). 24 inch barrel. Pushing 275 Cutting edge MTH @ 2940 fps.

As I get older, I appreciate lighter rigs. Bergers remain my go-to bullets, but I will try Chinchaga's 350-grainer in my .338 Thor, just because. 🤣
View attachment 601182
View attachment 601183
(250 and 300 Bergers next to 350 Chinchaga).
Are you a wine lover as I see in the background of your pictures because I have a wine lab in the other room . one room for reloading and one room for Wine don't drink but love to come up with different blends have won many ribbon's and awards with my wine and 1 for my Champane.

Are you a wine lover as I see in the background of your pictures because I have a wine lab in the other room . one room for reloading and one room for Wine don't drink but love to come up with different blends have won many ribbon's and awards with my wine and 1 for my Champane.
L😍L! Yes, Sir, I am.

While the cartridge looks like quite the elk slayer, for me after 60 years of hunting big game, no way I am carrying a 14-pound elk rifle.
I will keep packing my 338/06 with hammer 185 grain bullets at 2975 fps and settle on not shooting at anything beyond 500 yards.

While the cartridge looks like quite the elk slayer, for me after 60 years of hunting big game, no way I am carrying a 14-pound elk rifle.
I will keep packing my 338/06 with hammer 185 grain bullets at 2975 fps and settle on not shooting at anything beyond 500 yards.
...me either, not many can handle a 15 lb rifle walking around...those are for sitting and watching over large areas of different types of elk range...after all this is a long range site, even though most never fire a shot more than 30/30 range in my opinion...what you got is an awesome elk slayer..

If I go that big I'm going with either the 338 terminator or 33xc and possibly a 375 cheytec
Thats a very nice bull in your photo, what did you kill that one with?
Over a decade ago i decided that my long barreled 30x378 needed a new barrel.
I was never really happy with the accuracy of it from the get go.
Anyway, i took it to Bruce Baer and discussed the cartridge options.
I was familiar with several of the 338 cartridges, as i had sat and watched them at long distances thru good tripod mounted binoculars.
So i well knew that beyond about 1500 yards, the larger bullets had a definite advantage.
Beyond that, Bruce had built a very accurate 338x416 on a Bat action for my brother in law, who was a member of our camp.
We had used that gun for several long range buck kills, one of which was a bit over 1600 yds.
But i wasent sure that i didnt want to stay with the 30x378 either, as i was all set up with brass, dies, etc. for loading.
But then Bruce reached under the counter and showed me a bigger case, which pretty much dwarfed my 378 case.
Mind you now, the cost to rebarrel my gun would be the same,
regardless as to which cartridge i chose.
So i took one of the cases with me and told Bruce i would get back to him with my decision.
When i showed my sons the case, the decision was made for me, so i called Bruce and told him to order a 34" 338 barrel with no taper.
As i recall, the custom dies he supplied were about $300, then there was the cost for 100 new cases.
I also needed a new larger loading press, capable of loading 50 caliber ammo, also a new hand priming tool, and a new case trimmer.
The performance of the gun is very impressive to say the least.
The velocity with a 300 gr bullet is 3250 fps.
Which is about 250 fps faster than my sons 338x378, or my b i ls 338x416.
But the most important thing in my opinion is that to date, there has been one buck killed with that gun, which could have very easily been killed with it when it was a 30x378, with ammo loaded with my old dies on my old Redding press with my old brass.
Something to think about seriously, when deciding on a new gun build for long range hunting.
Ask yourself how many people you know, (whoes word you can trust,) that have killed a buck at one mile?
Especially in places like PA. where you might not have the proper conditions for doing that for the entire season.
So far in my 50 plus years, i personally only know one man who has done it.
Mind you, im not talking about shooting at a doe standing in a small herd and having one of them fall over when you shoot. lol.