An Arrest Made in the Cody Deer Killings

The guy has issues. IMO, the only motive was to create outrage among the residents. He succeeded in doing that, but he never expected to get caught. The dude needs to see the inside of a prison for at least a few years, but I doubt that will happen.

The wanton waste of one deer is different than the waste of 9 deer. The penalty should reflect the number of counts.

Wow. I don't know what to think of that. I guess you can't fix stupid. Or just being raised up wrong. But he will get off lighter than me if I had pulled some stunt like that as a young man. I would have been facing the death penalty when my Dad got a hold of me.
Well that's just it! I've never done anything like this but I did my share of more "Tame" but nonetheless "young male stupidity" in my teenage years. Got expelled from school for a week once and one thing was clear: this is not a vacation!! Grew up on a farm, there was no shortage of cow 💩 that my father saw fit to make me shovel all week - it didn't even need to be moved from where it was , it was the principal of the matter - you do stupid 💩 you get to spend a week shoveling 💩 and thinking about how you want to conduct yourself in the future.

I'm thankful now that I had parents that cared enough about me to make sure it was drilled into my head that stuff like this doesn't fly. It was never about the school or any legal consequences growing up (and I never did get in trouble with the law or anything like that) - it was the fear of God made most manifest in the fear of Dad! A very important thing that so many young folks don't have in their life today.

The guy has issues. IMO, the only motive was to create outrage among the residents. He succeeded in doing that, but he never expected to get caught. The dude needs to see the inside of a prison for at least a few years, but I doubt that will happen.

The wanton waste of one deer is different than the waste of 9 deer. The penalty should reflect the number of counts.

Plus their potential contribution to the deer population! It in reality, was far more than just 9 deer killed! 🤬 memtb

I hope that there is a small chance that here in Wyoming the penalties will be more severe than in most states! memtb
I'm not going to hold my breath. If he actually had a valid license he would probably pay close to maximum penalties.
If I remember correctly a couple years ago in Nebraska a couple illegal immigrants shot a bald eagle and they received a slap on the wrist. Now the Haitian immigrants in Ohio have been caught killing ducks and geese in the local park but there's been no charges. I know there's a investigation ongoing about them killing cats to eat also but they aren't a game animal.
Law's are supposed to be followed by everyone and not just a certain group and this probably goes beyond game laws but I will stop there before I get in trouble.

Recent Posts